Home

Swapping player positions

This is a discussion on Swapping player positions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Swapping player positions

Hey guys,

I have a few players on my team who are alot better at other positions than the one in the game.

Ie - a 79 MBL who would be a 85 OLB......and a 71 OLB who would be a 84 DE.

Anyone else have these? (I presume it's common)

If so what do you do with them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Swapping player positions

Yea there are a lot of those in the game. What I do with them depends on my player personnel. For example Jason Taylor is a 79 OLB but a 93 DE. I drafted an OLB that fits better than Jason Taylor so I converted him to a pass rushing DE for nickel and dime defenses.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

I would say it depends on how realistic you want your franchise to be. A lot of times when you switch speedy LBs to SS and TE to FB they get a ratings boost. Personally I don't switch players that are rated low at one position but high at the other unless their height/weight are appropriate. IE, I wont switch a OLB to DE if he's 6'2" 235lb OR a 6'4" 255lb MLB to SS... not realistic.

I also don't switch them if it gives them an unrealistic boost. I think if you switch Vernon Gholston to DE he jumps up to the 90's... he wouldn't be that good in real life. The kid cant even show up on the stat sheet in real life.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Yea there are a lot of those in the game. What I do with them depends on my player personnel. For example Jason Taylor is a 79 OLB but a 93 DE. I drafted an OLB that fits better than Jason Taylor so I converted him to a pass rushing DE for nickel and dime defenses.
Well I have:
Elvis Dumervil: OLB 65 - DE 85
Matt Roth: OLB 71 - DE 81

and two more that are alot better in different positions.

Matt Roth is a big guy so I think he could be very good as a DE.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:01 PM   #5
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Yea Roth could definitely handle being a DE in a 3-4. Dumervill I would use in passing situations because he would get thrown around really easily in a 3-4 end spot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I do it all the time and dont think it CHEESE either cuz someone will. Look at the patriots, they move guys around like that all the time, ex. lb to de. I know from my chise that Boss Bailey (fa), is a 68 mlb but 74 olb, 72 cb, 79 fs/ss or an 81 De.

I look more at size and speed than OVR for my players I get but cant really see putting a true LB at corner but safety..sure if he fits the size/speed requirement. Safeties/Lbs in the NFL swap positions when one doesnt work for them all the time.

I know why it works in the game for some guys though....man/zone cover ratings. Look st d.brooks (FA). I bet he could be a 90 safety instead of a 78LB.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Yea Roth could definitely handle being a DE in a 3-4. Dumervill I would use in passing situations because he would get thrown around really easily in a 3-4 end spot.
I'm using a 3-4 so thats my thoughts about both of those. May just bring Elvis in on nickle and dime plays and blitz him as much as possible.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

wow dumerill +20 Ovr to switch positions. id do it! IRL if you had an average Lb that "fit" better at DL you'd do it. And J.Taylor makes sense cuz he was a DE til the past couple years when he switched to LB. And I agree with IMSKYKID... i would never put a 240lb backer at DT. My DT's gotta weigh 275+!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »