Home

Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2009, 06:01 AM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by jip4
If this was not the case then every single rookie could turn into an overall 99 and that completely unbalances the game and is completely unreal.
theres only 22 starting pro bowlers and 11 all-pros each year..i dont know how you come up w/ the idea that everyone would turn into 99ovrll..of course there would be tweaking to make this not the case..or at least theyll patch it in

and of course they "could" but they wont because they wont have the opportunity because noone can get all the touches and dominate...unless you want to play on rookie to exploit it

Last edited by tooldude79; 09-04-2009 at 06:05 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:02 AM   #114
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
How nice would it be if they had a little button at the start of franchise mode that would enable or unenable potential rating and allow players to grow without PBP in a HC manner of some kind?

It would be a win-win. They could please everyone.
You sir, deserve a prize... HAHA I LOVE IT!
Old 09-04-2009, 06:03 AM   #115
Banned

OVR: 10

i think the problem in madden 10 is that if you draft a player whose 60 overall with a f potential no mater how well he does one season "lets say he wins the rookie of the year award" he will never be a superstar so basically the player was meant to "be 5hit" and that is why i hate created draft classes they need to come up with something different next year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 06:03 AM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
I did and have.

I dont want the game to have a set amount of players become good ... what I dont like is that the potential rating given to each player based on what??? Their real life performances/scouts reports etc should not then limit them in a Madden Franchise.

If players are given their potential by their 'IRL' performances... then in Madden their performances on the virtual football field become their 'IRL' performances and thus the players should progress accordingly.

Because 'Mickey Mouse' sold me the game with a roster that said 'Player A' is rated as an F potential, but Player B is a A potential.

A simple example; Player B starts for you as the running back in your franchise. He does OK but nothing spectacular and say he gets 400 yds and 1 TD in 8 games before getting hurt for the rest of the season.

You have no choice, Player A has to start instead of your highly rated player B.... however Player A does well, really well... he puts up 1000 yards in 8 games and runs in 8 TDs.....

1 - Who deserves to progress more? Obviously the F rated player
2 - Should the F instantly become better than the A rated player? No, progression should take into account multiple seasons - but the F rated player should progress more that season.

If that scenario repeated itself ad naseum... then eventually id want my F rated player to be rated better than the A rated.

Flipside to that view is the F rated player has 1 good year and then troughs and never attains that again... regression....

Boom and Bust situation - based on in game performance, NOT one mans view.
1. Why not? How is that any different than saying their real life arm strength, speed, etc. shouldn't limit them in a Madden Franchise?

2. You don't "deserve" to progress. Progression/ratings are not rewards.

3. How did the worse player perform better than the better one?

4. If your F rated player performs better than your A rated player, who cares what there ratings are. Just play your F rated player. Why do you need the ratings to reflect the production?
Old 09-04-2009, 06:06 AM   #117
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Haha bear with me... yes and no. See the problem is I kind of agree with you, everything you say makes sense. But I just want players to be able to progress in my franchise like they were being re-evaluated... just without having to restart my franchise. That's the happy medium that I would like to see.
But that's not a happy medium. That's PBP.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:07 AM   #118
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
How nice would it be if they had a little button at the start of franchise mode that would enable or unenable potential rating and allow players to grow without PBP in a HC manner of some kind?

It would be a win-win. They could please everyone.
post of the thread IMO
Old 09-04-2009, 06:07 AM   #119
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:

4. If your F rated player performs better than your A rated player, who cares what there ratings are. Just play your F rated player. Why do you need the ratings to reflect the production?

Answer #3. He played against teams that had worse rush defenses then the other running back was rushing against.

Answer #4. "I want my player to have the best overall in the entire game because I put up numbers with him"...?
Old 09-04-2009, 06:08 AM   #120
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
1. Why not? How is that any different than saying their real life arm strength, speed, etc. shouldn't limit them in a Madden Franchise?

2. You don't "deserve" to progress. Progression/ratings are not rewards.

I think the point is that there should be no letters or numbers that determine potential. But like I said before, I basically agree with you but it just leaves me with the huge hole that it's pre-determined that Patrick Turner can't be great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »