Home

Official Madden Gripe Thread #2

This is a discussion on Official Madden Gripe Thread #2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2009, 01:17 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Official Madden Gripe Thread #2

Just wanted to say first of all that this is the first madden I bought since 05, and its good to be back at OS... home of the sim ballers

It seems waaay to easy to shut out the CPU running attack in All-Pro. All I have to do is blitz. While blocking is somewhat improved over last year, it seems like the CPU cannot get any sort of push on the line. Some teams this year are beasts on the pass and are a headache to deal with, but some teams (eg Minn, SD, NYG, Car, SF) rely on the run heavily and should have some success ramming it down my throat and forcing me to stack the line; however, this is not the case becasue the run is too easy to stop.

I know that this issue really has to do with blocking animations and the game engine, but it was just a gripe.

Also, why does it seem like Robo QB is back in full effect?

Last edited by miaturne; 09-04-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:31 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25

I only have 3 gripes which are more than likely patch-able.....The other bigger issues i feel are design flaws which are not able to be fixed with a patch like...Ol Blocking and Pursuit angles being the Big 2. I personally believe the poor pursuit angles were actually on purpose. But that is just me, i know its probably not so, but how did they get SO bad and more importantly go unnoticed?

My HUGE issues which NEED to be addressed yesterday as they do absolutely KILL the game AS a whole.

1- The Flats...Nuff said.
2- The CPU Play logic overall especially on D. (4-5 wide sets lined up against 4-3 / 3-4 defenses)
3- The STUPID Blitz-tastic aggressiveness by the D. They will sellout ALL THE TIME! Makes the game SO EASY its not even fun.

Fix those 3 and we can live with the other stupid things as they reall dont "break" the game per say (The overall sim engine is GOD awful. You know what i am talking about).

I honestly think we got a completely different game than the one at community day...I want that one.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #11
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13

lead passing is a joke. ill have a receiver wide open with a safety 10 yards in front of him. i press the button and then down on the left stick. my receiver should come back to the ball so he doesnt get drilled. no, the lead passing doesnt work and the safety picks off the pass because my wr doesnt even try to catch the ball. every time i press down to make the receiver come back to the ball, it gets picked by a player that is past where my reciever is.

The entire passing game is a joke really. passing downfield is impossible and i can just throw it to the flats every play and gain 15+ yards if i want to.

The fact that dbs can react to the ball in the air and go get it but my receiver has to wait and not jump for it is stupid. it makes having tall receivers like calvin johnson and larry fitz pointless. there is no jump catch animation just that stupid ****ing over the shoulder crap. does ea test their games at all? how can you ship a football game where the only way to complete passes is to throw it short or have tom brady?

- started 11/15/08
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

I just want fair attributes on higher difficulties. No more cpu randy moss linebackers
Old 09-04-2009, 03:32 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf8363
lead passing is a joke. ill have a receiver wide open with a safety 10 yards in front of him. i press the button and then down on the left stick. my receiver should come back to the ball so he doesnt get drilled. no, the lead passing doesnt work and the safety picks off the pass because my wr doesnt even try to catch the ball. every time i press down to make the receiver come back to the ball, it gets picked by a player that is past where my reciever is.

The entire passing game is a joke really. passing downfield is impossible and i can just throw it to the flats every play and gain 15+ yards if i want to.

The fact that dbs can react to the ball in the air and go get it but my receiver has to wait and not jump for it is stupid. it makes having tall receivers like calvin johnson and larry fitz pointless. there is no jump catch animation just that stupid ****ing over the shoulder crap. does ea test their games at all? how can you ship a football game where the only way to complete passes is to throw it short or have tom brady?
I agree w/ this guy,I was in practice mode to see what was going wrong w/ my passing game,I just decided to throw streaks with Brady and Favre,I tried everything from pushing up on the L anologue stick to R,L and they still tend to throw the ball out of bounds or closer to the sideline,all I want is a damn streak,this happens 7/10 times for me,push up,instead of a nice fade rt,it goes out of bounds to both outside WRs.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
This does not happen in all madden or with custom sliders. Sorry but it just does not.
Ahh yes it does happen on all madden, all pro, pro, custom sliders, my skill you name it. But it definitely happens.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:59 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf8363

I disagree some what. Not completely. I've been able to hit some passes down the field. Do you switch over to the WR as soon as the ball leaves the QB's hands and try to make a play on it? I've actually been able to throw it up over the top and outrun some DB's and get it this way. I definitely disagree with the Johnson and Fitz comment. They are monsters in this game if you switch over and make plays on the ball and there are jump catch animations. I get them at times with Mark Clayton and he's nowhere near Fitz or Johnson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

So I guess this means I can't read the first gripe thread?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »