Home

If I'm Josh Freeman or Ziggy Hood I'm Angry

This is a discussion on If I'm Josh Freeman or Ziggy Hood I'm Angry within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2009, 01:44 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: If I'm Josh Freeman or Ziggy Hood I'm Angry

Also, there are ZERO busts in this years draft class. By year 3 EVERYONE is Very hig 80's or Mid 90's. Guess EA figured they would juice this years class.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #10
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12
I know someone who uses the Bucs on their franchise. He won MVP with Freeman and he only progressed to a 78.
Exactly. In real life if Freeman was doing that EA would up his ratings every roster update. It would be awesome to actually see that in franchise.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #11
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Exactly. In real life if Freeman was doing that EA would up his ratings every roster update. It would be awesome to actually see that in franchise.
Yeah, I follow Donny on tweet and I love how he makes these micro adjustments. He raised some guy's spectacular catch +1 because he made an awesome play in real life.

If it were up to me, I'd have a zero-sum weekly progression system that works similar to what Donny is doing with his updates by hand.

Then I would have a sweeping "end of year/offseason" progression period that is based on potential.

Yeah, there is potential to turn Graham Harrell into Tom Brady, which is probably 0.00001% likely in reality, but it IS your franchise, you should be able to do what you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #12
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Yeah, I follow Donny on tweet and I love how he makes these micro adjustments. He raised some guy's spectacular catch +1 because he made an awesome play in real life.

If it were up to me, I'd have a zero-sum weekly progression system that works similar to what Donny is doing with his updates by hand.

Then I would have a sweeping "end of year/offseason" progression period that is based on potential.

Yeah, there is potential to turn Graham Harrell into Tom Brady, which is probably 0.00001% likely in reality, but it IS your franchise, you should be able to do what you want.
Right. I think if he has a 17 TD 12 INT year he should progress a little.

Then if he has a 20 TD 14 INT year he should progress more.

If he ends up getting better and better why put a cap on him so he can't become elite? How is it (as people like to say) REALISTIC to say a guy can't become elite? How is it REALISTIC to pre-determine how good someone will be?
Old 09-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #13
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Freeman blows. I could care less if he was good in Madden. If anything he was overrated and should have a lower potential rating.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #14
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
Freeman blows. I could care less if he was good in Madden. If anything he was overrated and should have a lower potential rating.
lol I love how "Ryan Leaf" is saying it.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Also, there are ZERO busts in this years draft class. By year 3 EVERYONE is Very hig 80's or Mid 90's. Guess EA figured they would juice this years class.

Yeah its like that because its hard to bag on a guy thats just coming into the league. Freeman and Hood I understand having lower pot's because until the week of the draft those guys were projected as low to middle second round picks. They jumped alot in about a week, a couple people fell in love with them, that doesn't mean that they're pot. should be really high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 02:10 PM   #16
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Right. I think if he has a 17 TD 12 INT year he should progress a little.

Then if he has a 20 TD 14 INT year he should progress more.

If he ends up getting better and better why put a cap on him so he can't become elite? How is it (as people like to say) REALISTIC to say a guy can't become elite? How is it REALISTIC to pre-determine how good someone will be?
At the end of the day, the user can make a QB put up awesome numbers regardless of rating or potential. This is why I don't even think it matters. If you want a guy to be good, he will be good cause you are controlling him and you also control the game difficulty.

So maybe it doesn't even matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »