Home

Quick question for Offline Franchise users...

This is a discussion on Quick question for Offline Franchise users... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quick question for Offline Franchise users...

Does a imported draft class of only one incoming QB of over 80 Overall a good imported draft class? And is A potential more valuable for the reason you draft a player? For example, if a guy has A Potential but only is a 69 Overall is that still a good 1rst round pick?

My QB (Top 3 QB) class is this;

Sam Bradford-81 Overall
Jevon Snead-69 Overall
Ryan Mallett-65 Overall

All 3 were taken in the first 32 picks. Rams selected Bradford witht he #1 Overall, the Panthers selected Snead with the #18 Overall and the Seahawks selected Ryan Mallett with the #27 Overall.

All 3 have A Potential, and I was wondering does the Overall rating of the 3 make sense to you? The rest of the draft seemed very life like. With DE Carlos Dunlap being the highest rated at 89 Overall and he went #2 Overall to the Lions. While OLT Trent Williams went #3 Overall to the Bills. But I was drafting because I control all 32 teams so the names and positions were right on to what each teams need was and what scheme they were running. Like DE/OLB George Selvie went to the Dolphins at #15 Overall and he is rated 82 Overall and I switched him to OLB because thats what he projected as, 34 OLB in the NFL.

What overall rating do you look for to convince you that it was a realistic draft?

NFL Awards & Accomplishments: 2008 Pro-Bowl , Texans Single Season Sack Record,

Last edited by MarioIsMVDP; 09-04-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Quick question for Offline Franchise users...

Not sure what you are trying to get at really. Plenty of good players as well as bad players have been selected in every spot of the draft.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

I'll run some draft tests today on Madden and let you know.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Not sure what you are trying to get at really. Plenty of good players as well as bad players have been selected in every spot of the draft.

Agreed 100%, but if you look at this years rookie clas in Madden 2010 none of the rookie 1rst round QBs are lower than 80 and both were drafted in the top 10, and in virtually every Madden the 1rst round QBs have never been lower than 75 overall.

Basically what I'm asking is this, even with a QB with a rating of 69 Overall or 65 Overall with A Potential is it still possible to turn him into a Franchise QB? And should I be more worried about their Potential Grade then rookie overall rating when I'm drafting a rookie?

NFL Awards & Accomplishments: 2008 Pro-Bowl , Texans Single Season Sack Record,

Last edited by MarioIsMVDP; 09-04-2009 at 02:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »