Home

Which game speed is most like NFL speed?

This is a discussion on Which game speed is most like NFL speed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2009, 04:48 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 17
Re: Which game speed is most like NFL speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfreaklgg
Uhh, I dunno about that lol. The word "fast" is a relative word. Unless you mean that the "fast" setting gives the most accurate speeds. I'm looking for the speed that represents the NFL players ACTUAL speeds.

This thread really isn't about opinion, it should be fact based. I want to know which speed literally is equal to the NFL speed.
90% positive the answer is the slow game speed is the most realistic. Normal will give you a balance of sim and arcade, and fast would give you more of an arcade feel.

That's the way I see it at least, after playing on all speeds.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Uhh, I dunno about that lol. The word "fast" is a relative word. Unless you mean that the "fast" setting gives the most accurate speeds. I'm looking for the speed that represents the NFL players ACTUAL speeds.

This thread really isn't about opinion, it should be fact based. I want to know which speed literally is equal to the NFL speed.
the fast speed setting is the most accurate speed to the nfl, but it is not fun because it make the game more diffecult. you have to make quick decision if you play on fast speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
90% positive the answer is the slow game speed is the most realistic. Normal will give you a balance of sim and arcade, and fast would give you more of an arcade feel.

That's the way I see it at least, after playing on all speeds.
the word sim is wrongly use all the time. slow speed deos not simulate the nfl. they all run like they are stuck in mood if the game is played on slow speed .it just make the game more easier.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:28 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ok well people are saying different things (some say slow, some say fast) as to which is the most accurate speed is. So it looks like it hasn't quite been settled yet, and the devs have never commented on it. (I don't care about what anybody thinks is the most "fun" speed, sorry, lol. Just looking for the most realistic here.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7

I think slow produces literally the most accurate speeds. I mean that fast players will run 40 yards in 4.4 seconds or whatever it is with pads on.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:51 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Ok well people are saying different things (some say slow, some say fast) as to which is the most accurate speed is. So it looks like it hasn't quite been settled yet, and the devs have never commented on it. (I don't care about what anybody thinks is the most "fun" speed, sorry, lol. Just looking for the most realistic here.)
Ok now that you've narrowed it down to two, you can do some test on both of them and see which one you like.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 24

The players in Madden NFL 10 don't move their feet fast enough, and the running animations are completely effed up. Very Fast is more accurate to real football run speed. But, Very Fast speeds up other other aspects of the game too much. So, none of these are accurate. It's safe to just go with Fast.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #15
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Fast is what speed Madden 09 was set at. Who thinks that was realistic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #16
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Fast is my choice.

I`m not sure which one recreat the 40yds dash speed, but when i watch a nfl game on my 1st tv and i`m playing Madden on my 2nd Tv, FAST Speed is the one who is the best representation to what i`m seeing on the 1st Tv.

Fast is my vote.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »