Home

Test Results on Imported Draft Class

This is a discussion on Test Results on Imported Draft Class within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2009, 04:41 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Test Results on Imported Draft Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindflare210
How do you know they never gain weight? What proof do you have?
Try it yourself. You don't need to believe me. This is how it's ALWAYS been. Maybe they fixed it in 10 but I'm guessing no.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:42 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey Mario, what is the potential on some of these guy when they get imported to madden. Can you have a 5'-10" 220 OLB with A potential? Do all your top NCAA players have high potential?
Old 09-07-2009, 01:19 AM   #19
Rookie

OK, after I got off here this afternoon I tested a few more times and imported my classes and still found out that there are just too many random OVR ratings. For some reason I just don't find the logic in that. One time Ryan Mallett can be rated 83 OVR then the next time I import he will be a 73 OVR. Makes absolutely no sense. A player should never be considered a bust when he is imported. He shoudl be considered a bust when you play with him during the franchise and he doesn;t live up to the expectations of his OVR rating and his draft slot. EA predetermines their ability before they ever touch the field. Thats unacceptable.

It took me almost 3 hours to finally get each of the top players at each position to fit their real life NFL projections. And all the top players are there. Some in the high 80's but I would gladly deal with SS Eric Berry, who is rated a top 5 pick in the real 2010 NFL Draft, then have him in the low 60's are not even in the game.

Now, this problem has nothing to do with my fixes of their height/weight and upping their attributes in NCAA. This for some reason is just random and its completely left up to the computer to decided what their OVR rating is. The 2 positions that have the most randomness is Quarterback and Wide Receiver. Corner Back, Offensive Lineman, Running Back, Line Backers and Tight Ends have the most consistent ratings and least amount of drastic randomness. If a player doesn't fir the prototype height/weight chart he will never have an A Potential Grade.

Also my fixes don't guarentee their Potential Grade. Once again this is all left up to the computer and its at random. In my imported draft class that I am currently using, Sam Bradford is at an 80 OVR yet has a B Potential Grade. Why? I have no idea. So Potential Grade is something that is left up to the computer. One thing I did notice is that Potential Grades of A are given to players that have a 83 OVR, and players that are 82 OVR to say 78 OVR are between Potential Grades of A and B, with most of them getting a B Grade. Players that are rated lowe than 78 all the way to the mid 60's are almost always given a B Grade and when you get into the low 60's and 50's your seeing C and D Grades.

For Defensive Ends that are projected as 3-4 OLB in the NFL you have to move them in NCAA. I know it sucks, but if you draft George Selvie as a DE in Madden without editing him he will be a scrub. So if you haven't moved him and you started your Dynasty you more than likely not going to see Selvie in your Madden franchise. Same goes for Ricky Sapp and Sergio Kindle. You absolutely have to move them OLB in NCAA are they will come in as underated scrubs in Madden. Now, after you move them to OLB you have edit their atrributes. When your editing their attributes you have project them as OLB in a 3-4 NFL scheme. So up their pass rushing skills while also upping their LB skills such as Tackling, Play Recognition, etc. Just use Brain Cushings ratings from NCAA 09 as your guide. When I did this to all 3, Selvie, Sapp and Kindle came into Madden as low 80's 3-4 OLB. Now once again, Potential Grade, was random so you will have to deal with what ever your given.

As for players not growing in NCAA, thats false to a certain extent. They do gain weight, they don't grow in terms of height but they do gain weight. Now, do they gain enough weight? Sometimes and unfortunatly no they don't. So if you do Create-A-Prospect make sure you create him to his desired Junior/Senior height/weight. University of Miami OLB Shawn Spence who is widely considered the next coming of Derrick Brooks is only 6'0 212lbs. in NCAA. What I did was up his height to 6'1 and upped his weight to 230 lbs. After his soph. season he gained 3 lbs. Which is great because if he should go pro after his junior season he will have fit the prototype size chart that Madden relies on.

Lastly, as for posting my rosters I WILL NOT DO THAT. I'm not trying to be a dick, but I think each person have their own opinion of their rosters. For example I have certain players as Freshman and Sophomores rated considerably higher than EA rated them. I have seniors that EA had rated in the high 80's as high 90's players because I believe tham to be upcoming NFL prospects. I do that so I'm not caught off guard by an under tha radar prospect. For example a guy like Leodis McKelvin who EA had rated in the low 80's during his senior year moved up to being a top 15 NFL Draft Pick and one of the best CBs in the nation. So what I did was up the ratings of someone like Syracuse DT Arthur Jones and DT Penn St. Jared Odrick. But thats my opinion, and your ratings shoudl reflect yours. So, thats why I won't post my rosters. I did give key words for you to Google if you need help finding a good list to base your opinions off of. Sorry, but I just won't.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

NFL Awards & Accomplishments: 2008 Pro-Bowl , Texans Single Season Sack Record,

Last edited by MarioIsMVDP; 09-07-2009 at 01:27 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:48 AM   #20
Rookie

Cheese23's Arena

did you use one of the Roster edits by DK or someone else as your base before importing them?
Old 09-07-2009, 04:48 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese23
did you use one of the Roster edits by DK or someone else as your base before importing them?

From Buckeye02 which weren't manipulated in anyway other than having the correct players names. I did the editing of the attributes to the top NFL prospects. I had heard about some peoples rosters being adjusted for future NFL players, but in all honesty I doubt they are as thorough as mine are. I quite literally went through each class and edited the top players in each class at each position. I took information from different sources, such as nfldraftscout on CBS Sports and their stand alone site, along with NFL Countdown to talk about NFL Prospects and others that list all top players. I also know them from watching games from last year. I have the ESPN Gameplan and pretty much watch around 100 college games a season maybe more.

So I take as much informoation as I can get and put that into my Madden Franchise and NCAA Dynasty. I create real freshman classes. It gives the game life, if there is one thing I can't stand is playing with fake players and imagining that they are real. To me thats not football sim. So I do what I can to make it as real as possible. I only go through about 4-5 seasons at the most. But through those 4-5 season I'm getting the most realistic games, players, highlights, stats, drafts, free agent signings, coaching moves, defensive and offensive schemes, and overall gameplay.

And the really the whole process is fun, except for ridiculous stuff that I can't control like the randomness of EA's rookie ratings and how they do things that make you say "WTF!?"

NFL Awards & Accomplishments: 2008 Pro-Bowl , Texans Single Season Sack Record,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 9

Your reasons for not posting your draft classes are stupid. We don't care about "having our own opinion of draft classes". Plus, if we don't like your rosters, we can just delete them.

Just give us the option of being able to download your rosters so we could check it out. Don't be a greedy verga.

If you really wanted to help us, you would upload your rosters to EA Locker so we can all benefit from it. You may have 3+ hours to sit around and adjust ratings, but the rest of us don't. So either upload your rosters, or be quiet.

Last edited by Mindflare210; 09-07-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:52 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think you should try your testing with DK's rosters.

The growth of players must be new in NCAA 10, I know for a fact that in 09 it wasn't in there because I did about 13 franchises that went 7+ years and by the end all the rookies in the NFL were the size of a high schooler just about.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #24
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Sounds like you love them 80's lol with the all this size/ A pot. the league will be leaking monsters left & right

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »