Home

Test Results on Imported Draft Class

This is a discussion on Test Results on Imported Draft Class within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2009, 12:16 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Test Results on Imported Draft Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Really??

You may of had a decent case til this point. With this logic players like Vince Young, Alex Smith, Cedric Benson, Drew Stanton, Vernon Golston, and Brian Brohm would all be over 70 in the game with a potential. Because the were all drafted in the first two rounds.

My point is not everyone drafted is going to be great. Your always going to have busts. Your always going to have guys like Tony Mandarich and Ryan Leaf. That's the NFL and that's why the scouting is so important.

Why I do agree that some players come in a little low but I just take that as them being bust. If I draft Colt McCoy and he is rated 52 and has C potential then Oh freaking well. There are plenty of great College QB's who never made it in the Pro's Andre Ware, Danny Wuerffel, Jason White and Timmy Chang come to mind.

So as for me I completely fine with the way NCAA's player's are rated coming into Madden. But, I guess that because I understand all players aren't going to be Peyton Manning and because I have a great understanding of stretched rating's. Unlike some people.

Just Sayin'

My reason is because you don't know before you draft him that he is going to be a bust so he shouldn't be a bust as soon as you sign him and his rating crap.

Don't forget Vince Young was a mid 80's rated QB in his second year, the one he was on cover of. I'm not saying a 2nd rounder should be a high 70 rated player, more like a 70, 71 or a 72. Thats not exactly a killer rating, and as for as potential is concerned the top 50-75 players should always have A Potential, or at least A Potential players should be drafted in the first two rounds. Trust me I know that there are busts, and that there are college players that have no business and no future in the NFL, but that shojuld be determined after they actually play, not while they are being signed. Maybe my problem isn't with the draft itself but the progression system and I should have said that in a perfect progression game a rookies rating should be determined after his initial season.

I'm sick of the Eric Berry issue. Up his hieght to 6'0 and then max all ratings and he will without a doubt come in as the #1 safety each and every time. Thats just stupid to say, so dont say it.

Jimmy Clausen as bad as you might think he is, will be a prototype prospect he is already getting the love from the right people, and just because a good player that plays on a **** team doesn't do anything doesn't mean he wont make it in the NFL. I dont even have to explain myself, because if I do then you need to quit watching football, if you even do.

And actually star players aren't the ones drafted super high. Maybe you don't know this but gutys Jason jones, Kenny Britt, Joesph Addai, Donald Brown, Steve McNair, Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco, Michael Roos, Louis Delmes, Nmandi Asomugha, Thomas Howard, Kirk Morrison, JaMarcus Russell, Darrius Heyward-Bey, DeMarcus Ware, Leodis McKelvin, Antonio Cromartie, Luis Castillo, Philip Rivers, Vincent Jackson, Igor Olshansky, Mike Jenkins, Osi Umenyiora, Mike Patterson, Sean Jones, Carlos Rogers, Jason Campbell, Devin Hester, Matt Forte, Ernie Sims, Ikaika Alama-Francis, Greg Jennings, Daryn Colledge, Ryan Clady, Tyrell Johnson. Curtis Loften, Jamaal Anderson, Peria Jerry, Roddy White, Thomas Davis, Jon Beason, Richard Marshall. Everette Brown, Jeff Otah, Jordan Gross, Drew Brees, Jammal Brown, Jeff Faine, Davin Joseph, Ben Grubbs, Karlos Dansby, Dominique Rogers Cromartie, Ronald Bartell, Jason Brown, Jason Smith, Donnie Avery, Vernon Davis, Manny Lawson, Mario Williams, Kentwan Blamer, Aaron Rogers, Joe Staley, and the list goes on. These guys were all drafted in the first two rounds and none were super star that college media stars went bananas over.

NCAA stars don't get drafted in the high just because they play in a kids league, maybe you should do some type of research before saying that super stars get drfated high and then bust. Because there are plenty of super stars in college who dont even get a look in the NFL or who aren't anywhere or way considered franchise or even considered role players. For example Chase Daniel= Garbo, Jason White= Garbo, Colt Brennen= Garbo, Andre Woodson= Garbo, John David Booty= Garbo, Adarius Bowman= Garbo, Mario Manningham=Garbo, Derrick Williams= Garbo, Greg Carr= Garbo, Martin Rucker= Garbo, Travis Beckum= Garbo, Tommy Blake= Garbo, Frank Okam= Garbo, Dan Conner= Garbo, Ali Highsmith= Garbo, Tom Zbikowski=Garbo.

Get educated.

NFL Awards & Accomplishments: 2008 Pro-Bowl , Texans Single Season Sack Record,

Last edited by MarioIsMVDP; 09-11-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
You can add Brohm to this list. Lol.

Wow the epic scrubbyness of some of you guys is truely amazing. I dont up those kindf playuers rating I demote them to scrubdom. Tim Tebow, Colt McCoy, Todd Reesing, Tyrell Pryer are all the **** list of players that wont be drafted until late rounds. Thats why my ratings are truer to life, I tried to tell you how to do it, you complain and whine like little girls and then throw insults. Funny cause half of you have no idea what the **** football is outside of NCAA or Madden.....video game football gurus...LMAO I bet some of you argue points at work by using Madden and NCAA ratings...LOL for reals.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:32 AM   #67
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIsMVDP
My reason is because you don't know before you draft him that he is going to be a bust so he shouldn't be a bust as soon as you sign him and his rating crap.

Don't forget Vince Young was a mid 80's rated QB in his second year, the one he was on cover of. I'm not saying a 2nd rounder should be a high 70 rated player, more like a 70, 71 or a 72. Thats not exactly a killer rating, and as for as potential is concerned the top 50-75 players should always have A Potential, or at least A Potential players should be drafted in the first two rounds. Trust me I know that there are busts, and that there are college players that have no business and no future in the NFL, but that shojuld be determined after they actually play, not while they are being signed. Maybe my problem isn't with the draft itself but the progression system and I should have said that in a perfect progression game a rookies rating should be determined after his initial season.

I'm sick of the Eric Berry issue. Up his hieght to 6'0 and then max all ratings and he will without a doubt come in as the #1 safety each and every time. Thats just stupid to say, so dont say it.

Jimmy Clausen as bad as you might think he is, will be a prototype prospect he is already getting the love from the right people, and just because a good player that plays on a **** team doesn't do anything doesn't mean he wont make it in the NFL. I dont even have to explain myself, because if I do then you need to quit watching football, if you even do.

And actually star players aren't the ones drafted super high. Maybe you don't know this but gutys Jason jones, Kenny Britt, Joesph Addai, Donald Brown, Steve McNair, Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco, Michael Roos, Louis Delmes, Nmandi Asomugha, Thomas Howard, Kirk Morrison, JaMarcus Russell, Darrius Heyward-Bey, DeMarcus Ware, Leodis McKelvin, Antonio Cromartie, Luis Castillo, Philip Rivers, Vincent Jackson, Igor Olshansky, Mike Jenkins, Osi Umenyiora, Mike Patterson, Sean Jones, Carlos Rogers, Jason Campbell, Devin Hester, Matt Forte, Ernie Sims, Ikaika Alama-Francis, Greg Jennings, Daryn Colledge, Ryan Clady, Tyrell Johnson. Curtis Loften, Jamaal Anderson, Peria Jerry, Roddy White, Thomas Davis, Jon Beason, Richard Marshall. Everette Brown, Jeff Otah, Jordan Gross, Drew Brees, Jammal Brown, Jeff Faine, Davin Joseph, Ben Grubbs, Karlos Dansby, Dominique Rogers Cromartie, Ronald Bartell, Jason Brown, Jason Smith, Donnie Avery, Vernon Davis, Manny Lawson, Mario Williams, Kentwan Blamer, Aaron Rogers, Joe Staley, and the list goes on. These guys were all drafted in the first two rounds and none were super star that college media stars went bananas over.

NCAA stars don't get drafted in the high just because they play in a kids league, maybe you should do some type of research before saying that super stars get drfated high and then bust. Because there are plenty of super stars in college who dont even get a look in the NFL or who aren't anywhere or way considered franchise or even considered role players. For example Chase Daniel= Garbo, Jason White= Garbo, Colt Brennen= Garbo, Andre Woodson= Garbo, John David Booty= Garbo, Adarius Bowman= Garbo, Mario Manningham=Garbo, Derrick Williams= Garbo, Greg Carr= Garbo, Martin Rucker= Garbo, Travis Beckum= Garbo, Tommy Blake= Garbo, Frank Okam= Garbo, Dan Conner= Garbo, Ali Highsmith= Garbo, Tom Zbikowski=Garbo.

Get educated.

Umm, what? You sir, clearly have no idea what you are talking about. The media did not go bananas over Steve McNair? The guy was on the cover of SPORTS ILLUSTRATED and almost won the Heisman and he played at Alcorn St. Not exactly a powerhouse and 1-aa too I might add. Jamarcus Russell was a number one overall pick as was Phillip Rivers. What are you trying to prove? Just because you rattled off some names youre the Mel Kiper (who knows just as much as you do) or Mike Mayock of operationsports now? You have no clue who will or will not pan out coming out of college. Seriously, get over yourself.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:37 AM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
Umm, what? You sir, clearly have no idea what you are talking about. The media did not go bananas over Steve McNair? The guy was on the cover of SPORTS ILLUSTRATED and almost won the Heisman and he played at Alcorn St. Not exactly a powerhouse and 1-aa too I might add. Jamarcus Russell was a number one overall pick as was Phillip Rivers. What are you trying to prove? Just because you rattled off some names youre the Mel Kiper (who knows just as much as you do) or Mike Mayock of operationsports now? You have no clue who will or will not pan out coming out of college. Seriously, get over yourself.

Philip Rivers wasn't even close to being considered a top pick till Senior Bowl, Jamarcus Russell wasn't bering consiered the top pci till work outs because Brady Quinn was considered the top pick. No, I dont think I'm Mel Kiper or Mayock nor do I want to be, but I know that I know WTF I'm talking about and I do my research when I do my rosters. McNair was a lat star during that uear and wasdn't consideredd the top QB going into the draft, Kerry Collins was. If I remember correctly, Collins was coning froma power house school that was a big conference school and had all the tools to be successful while the question marks on McNair were that he was undersized at 6'2 compared to Collins whop was 6'5 and he was coming from a small school. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:40 AM   #69
Serenity Now!

Random Hero's Arena

OVR: 5

Thank you for the info though, Mario...This should be helpful and help me get a little bit more realistic results.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:41 AM   #70
Rookie

And of course I have no idea who will pan out, that's not what projecting draft picks is about its about projecting draft pick and comparing the pros and cons. Go to any draft discussion site and no one sits there and tries to predict who will be a super star in the NFL, its all about projection in the draft and thats all anyone can go by. Mel Kiper projected Mike Williams as a Hall of Fame reciever within 5 years of his first game, and he got burned for it. Your clueless.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:44 AM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Hero
Thank you for the info though, Mario...This should be helpful and help me get a little bit more realistic results.
Thanks

Dont listent o these guys, all you have to do is up there height/weight to prototype sizes, then up their attriibutes that are already high to as high as you want and you get better results from players that should be rated higher. The mnore you up their attributes the higher the rating they will be come import day. Dunlop, Berry, McCoy and Benn are all 88 or above. They are the top 4 players in college and they are the top 4 players in the draft for my classes. Yours can be whatever you want them to be, so make your rating and your players like you want.

These clowns what people to do it for them and when they dont they cry about it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 01:58 AM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIsMVDP
Thanks

Dont listent o these guys, all you have to do is up there height/weight to prototype sizes, then up their attriibutes that are already high to as high as you want and you get better results from players that should be rated higher. The mnore you up their attributes the higher the rating they will be come import day. Dunlop, Berry, McCoy and Benn are all 88 or above. They are the top 4 players in college and they are the top 4 players in the draft for my classes. Yours can be whatever you want them to be, so make your rating and your players like you want.

These clowns what people to do it for them and when they dont they cry about it.

You come in here and post like an elitist A-hole and the rest of the people posting are clowns???

It's fine that you don't want to release your rosters but you are just being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. You posted the info, you said you won't post your rosters, fine. Let this thread die except for those who want to leave feedback on how your method works out for them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »