Home

Is the game broken or are these problems fixable?

This is a discussion on Is the game broken or are these problems fixable? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
Is the game broken or are these problems fixable?

I really hate to refer to any game as "broken," since I consider that a cop-out by people not willing to make adjustments, test, experiment, etc... actually take time to examine a problem rather than complain about it.

However, I do fear that Madden 10 may be broken in these areas:

-First is AI reactions to run plays. I was testing my run defense against the Titans, Falcons and Vikings, three of the best rushing teams in the league. Every time I looked at the replay after a run by the CPU (or myself for that matter), I noticed either my AI teammates or the CPU's defenders would instantaneously react to the run as soon as the ball made contact with the running back. They would instantly begin to rush the HB/FB/whoever... how realistic is that? As far as I know, in real life, LBs and DBs will generally wait until they're sure (or just about) that the running back has the ball to pursue him, for fear of a playaction. I reduced my Run Reaction Time (User) to 0, and I'm still seeing the instant reaction. Now yes, you could say that my teammates are more concerned about the run than the pass (although in the Titans and Falcons cases, their QBs are no slouches), or the fact that most of the time this happens, I'm in the 4-3 or 46... but I'm not convinced. I'll have to play test games against teams with a good passing offense and a not-so-good rushing offense.

-The second issue is a play I use called "Slot Cross" in the Eagles playbook. For all intents and purposes, the only part of this play that's important is the slot receiver (A-- in this case, Jeremy Maclin) running a cross route (obviously) across the middle of the field. I've heard of "money plays" in real life, but this is ridiculous. This play literally all but guarantees me a first down on 3rd and 10 or less. If the defense is in zone, I just wait and squeeze the ball between the zones, and if they're in man, Maclin beats his man 99% of the time and gets a step on him once he's in the middle.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 12:51 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Is the game broken or are these problems fixable?

For the first problem there's actually a slider called "Reaction to Run" or something like that. I'm not sure how effective it is, but check that out.

For the second problem, short passing game is way too easy in this game.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:54 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uraz3r0
For the first problem there's actually a slider called "Reaction to Run" or something like that. I'm not sure how effective it is, but check that out.
I addressed that

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
I reduced my Run Reaction Time (User) to 0, and I'm still seeing the instant reaction.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:49 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

I agree with the OP that the computer run game is bad I been using custom sliders with the human run D on 20 and I have the computer skill all maxed out and I am still able to hold the computer to 2 yard per carry or less 99 percent of the time if I do give up any rushing yards it all comes on 1 play I would expect the sliders I discribed to produce some pretty big rush numbers by the computer.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:01 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

the cpu gets plenty of rushing yards against me. my run D is one of the worst in the leauge, but my pass D is pretty good. maybe it depends on what team you are controlling. chris johnson has burned me for 150+ yards twice this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 04:09 AM   #6
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Slot crosses have always been money.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:48 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 7

Sliders do not work for online play, so, unless you NEVER want to play online, sliders are NOT an option (until the dev team starts deciding to use them, I guess), so, if you play any type of online game, sliders are a moot point. If you play off-line only, sliders are very weak at best, since, the CPU gamplay level logic will always trump all sliders in this game.

And always remember, this is THE EA Franchise, competing with only the Triple A Franchises and titles. Never forget that.

Hate the troof, not the messanger, Yo.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #8
Banned

Bump
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »