Home

Two 39 yd XP in one HALF - This glitch is outta control

This is a discussion on Two 39 yd XP in one HALF - This glitch is outta control within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 07:51 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Two 39 yd XP in one HALF - This glitch is outta control

I've had 4 Holding calls in a row happen on FG's... Took me out of fg range. This needs to be addressed!
Old 09-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui3tStorm
I've had 4 Holding calls in a row happen on FG's... Took me out of fg range. This needs to be addressed!
it is in patch 1

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've had a situation where it was rainy and windy. After I get my TD I attempt the XP and I get a holding penalty. I re-attempt and get the holding call, this happens twice. So I'm facing about a 47 yard XP and I miss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 10:32 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
its being corrected in the first patch, so hopefully it will be a non-issue shortly
Quote:
it is in patch 1

So wait........will this glitch be addressed in a patch,CB?
Old 09-06-2009, 11:52 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Until it's patched, I give myself one EA Rewind a game in case the glitch comes up. Once the patch fixes the problem, it's back to no Rewinds for me.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:59 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Chargers4Now
Yeah but if you are playing madden how would you feel in this scenario:

Your down by 2 points in the superbowl and you drive down the field to the 32 yard line. With only 4 seconds left, you spike the ball. The next play, you set up for the field goal at center field almost tasting the win. You kick the ball....

It's GOOD!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! YOU WON!!!!!

Wait a minute... there's a flag on the play?... Holding?... On ME?.... I lose? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I would know exactly how you felt. It happened to me. How would you like to lose a superbowl because of a stupid penalty that happens 5-13 times a game?
if you get penalized you'll half to replay the down regardless of time expires or not so you'd still win
Old 09-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 11

What we have here is two groups of people:

1) Those who believe it's no big deal because it'll be addressed in a patch. No worries, right?

2) Those that believe it should never have appeared in the first place, especially if there's any kind of QA in place, and given that the developers played numerous games themselves, some of whose videos were posted here, meaning they've seen it themselves. And if they've seen it themselves, why wasn't it addressed pre-leased? This is a glitch that is front and center.

Does a patch = a pass? Or are those who take exception with the lack of QA labeled complainers or unreasonable? Is it reasonable to take EA to task with this regardless, or is the patch an opportunity to enable EA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbent
Until it's patched, I give myself one EA Rewind a game in case the glitch comes up. Once the patch fixes the problem, it's back to no Rewinds for me.
That's a good solution. When it happens to the CPU, I take it on the first try but always decline a back-to-back hold.

I see a hold about once every other game, but luckily haven't seen the back-to-back call very much.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »