Home

Very Slow is incredible and the way the game should be played

This is a discussion on Very Slow is incredible and the way the game should be played within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2009, 02:11 AM   #81
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: Very Slow is incredible and the way the game should be played

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guggy107
is there a general agreement on what speed threshhold works best at very slow? 45? 50?
Dont know man, I use 40 though. 60 fatigue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #82
Banned

OVR: 16

There is not much difference between very slow and slow. Either one is fine to use if you want to get the best speed development of plays as you would see on tv when watching a real game.Speed thresh has nothing to do with the game speed.I see some lower it and I see some raise it.To me lowering it will be the best ideally because it allows faster players to ourtun slower players.

I have mine currently at 36 and feel it is the best.If you raise it because you think that helps cover the flats then you will break the passing game because corners or linebackers will break before or at the exact same time as your faster receivers. Not simif you lower it then you will see a 95 speed receiver break on his route and a 90 speed corner or lower speed linebacker have no shot to keep up unless he gets help.The flats issue and the constent blitz issue has to be fixed via patch/ no ways around that messIn franchise mode I have been testing and if you select all 32 teams and modify the coach tendencies for the cpu.

This is what I found:Lower the defensive aggressiveness to 0 from 50 and that helps a lot in seeing the cpu blitz all of their men most times on 3rd downs.Also go to the safeties and corners and put their slider to coverage instead of run and you will see the safeties play a bit better on tight ends...Nothing major but a bit.Very important to note that Hardcore mode is the only true option to get a real stiff challenge from the cpu.I know you lose replays and I dont know why...

But that is a risk I am willing to take to get the cpu to give a better challengeIn advance the cpu is not aggresive in their deep throws and they barely sack me and barely cover flats.Hardcore they play much tighter... Try it
Old 09-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #83
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

If I'm not mistaken, Hardcore, advanced, etc has nothing to do with A.I man. Thats something that has to do with playcalling.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:34 AM   #84
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
If I'm not mistaken, Hardcore, advanced, etc has nothing to do with A.I man. Thats something that has to do with playcalling.

Yea that is the interpretation that we are told on the screen.

But I have tested it time and time again. And the cpu is tougher on hardcore then on advance
Old 09-13-2009, 10:35 PM   #85
Pro

OVR: 8

Just wanted to top this thread because I think it is a great finding. I just played my favorite game so far on very slow settings. Once I got used to the speed I found that the game played fantastic. Thanks for the advice.

Brian
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 10:46 PM   #86
Banned

OVR: 14

I've played on very slow from the start and love the feel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »