Home

Very Slow is incredible and the way the game should be played

This is a discussion on Very Slow is incredible and the way the game should be played within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-06-2009, 11:41 PM   #25
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Very Slow is incredible and the way the game should be played

There's no doubt in my mind that "very slow" is the best spped for me. Heck, I'd even like it to get slower.

As a former player you have to understand that while the game of football is fast, it does not overwhelm the players. They are quite used to it.

Things don't move at hyper speed for the actual guys who are on the field. For them, the games pace is just right and there is ample time for things to develop.

Thats what "very slow" feels like to me. It doesn't in any way, feel too slow after you've played a few games on this speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 11:46 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 10

Sounds good but the nfl is suppose to be fast and you have to make fast reads sometimes But im going to give very slow a shot....just tried it out now for a few plays and that is crazy if people say it's too slow....I just don't know what speed to use now...

Last edited by Carolina Panthers; 09-06-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:51 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 11

let me just start by saying that ive been playing on normal, and havent tried slow yet. im considering it though.

im just seeing everyone talk about how great slow speed is for blocking and the run game, but im wondering how it affects the passing game. do any of you find that slowing the game down makes the passing game a bit too easy? if i switched to slow speed, id probably have to make some major slider adjustments.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:58 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guggy107
im just seeing everyone talk about how great slow speed is for blocking and the run game, but im wondering how it affects the passing game. do any of you find that slowing the game down makes the passing game a bit too easy? if i switched to slow speed, id probably have to make some major slider adjustments.
I personally had an easy time passing the ball on Very Slow when I first got the game - that's why I am now going with Bill Harris' Realism Sliders (which call for Fast speed).

Post patches, I will probably give Very Slow a try again. I DO prefer the "feel" of the game on Very Slow - it's just too easy for me to pick apart the flat and underneath routes on that speed right now. Patch #2 will hopefully tighten up the underneath CPU coverage and their propensity to blitz far too frequently.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:59 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Panthers
Sounds good but the nfl is suppose to be fast and you have to make fast reads sometimes But im going to give very slow a shot....just tried it out now for a few plays and that is crazy if people say it's too slow....I just don't know what speed to use now...
once again you are stating false things. the nfl being fast has nothing to do with the gameplay speed in madden.

when you watch nfl football on tv it is not super fast and i dont know if you ever played organized football but the speed on the actual field is much quicker then what you see on tv

we play madden on a tv...we see it like we see real tv with nfl games.

one has nothing to do with the other
Old 09-07-2009, 12:01 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
You know what's great though? The fact that this in an option in the game, and that we're discussing the merits of a given speed, rather than wondering why EA made it too fast, slow, whatever.

User customization = win for everybody.

And I want to see this get deeper and deeper every year. It can only benefit us all, and there are so many more things where user customization is still needed.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:03 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guggy107
let me just start by saying that ive been playing on normal, and havent tried slow yet. im considering it though.

I think some adjustment is necessary, but (in my case, at least) not much. I tried very hard to "break" the passing game on Very Slow, with PHI (me) against CHI (CPU). I threw every play, except maybe three. I ended up with 400 yds passing. That's obviously on the high side, but I had probably 10 yards rushing. Plus, my passing game was hot as all get out through the first half (about 250 yards), but things got more challenging in the second half and I wasn't able to move the ball hardly at all in the fourth quarter. Also, both of my INTs that game had normal-looking returns by the CPU; i.e., no automatic pick-6. All my big gains looked pretty legit. I definitely wasn't glitching to pick up big chunks of yardage and CPU-controlled guys on both sides of the ball stayed in the play (at least often enough and well enough). So, I think some slider adjustment is in order, but nothing crazy. This whole Very Slow thing is a work in progress for me, though, so I want to get some more data points before I say anything for certain about specific aspects of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 12:04 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

man i love the game on very slow, you see all the animations and the ol/dl is a lot better. im not saying that its perfect because we all know that its not but it is a lot better than the other game modes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »