Home

franchise mode issue...

This is a discussion on franchise mode issue... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: franchise mode issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
Are you certain that no other coaches get attribute increases over time?
correct... they either enter the league with them, via a new coach, or they had them by default...

if they dont, they are SOL

at least thats what i & a few others have encountered thus far

Last edited by driftwood; 09-08-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #82
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood
correct... they either enter the league with them, via a new coach, or they had them by default...

if they dont, they are SOL
So other coaches have these boosts? Why not go after them instead? I understand the flawed logic you pointed out, and maybe its a game killer for you. But I feel that if your players progressed and coaches progressed off players performance you have the recipe for "super teams" which is what I think people are afraid of. If a coach has a "boost" in something I feel is vital to my teams success I will go out and try to sign him. But if I can manipulate the game to have a coach progress in, lets say catching for example. That coach with that boost is useless to me if I abuse the game and manufacture boosts for coaches that should not get them. See where I am coming from? If I use Cincinnati for example and rush for 4,000 yards a season for 4 years with Cedric Benson is Marvin Lewis automatically a RB guru? Not in my opinion, Cedric Benson just had some extraordinary seasons (assuming I do this year in and year out).
Old 09-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
So other coaches have these boosts? Why not go after them instead? I understand the flawed logic you pointed out, and maybe its a game killer for you. But I feel that if your players progressed and coaches progressed off players performance you have the recipe for "super teams" which is what I think people are afraid of. If a coach has a "boost" in something I feel is vital to my teams success I will go out and try to sign him. But if I can manipulate the game to have a coach progress in, lets say catching for example. That coach with that boost is useless to me if I abuse the game and manufacture boosts for coaches that should not get them. See where I am coming from? If I use Cincinnati for example and rush for 4,000 yards a season for 4 years with Cedric Benson is Marvin Lewis automatically a RB guru? Not in my opinion, Cedric Benson just had some extraordinary seasons (assuming I do this year in and year out).
understandable... but with that said, the OC offensive rating should improve therefore should possibly be able to develop some attribute perks to the RB's ro maybe OL...

its not just HC's... the coordinators can dispense these perks if they have them also...
Old 09-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #84
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Ok, too many variables going on here. We could go back and forth. I could understand how a running backs coach would get the attribute boost. But the OC for the most part is just calling plays unless he is saddled with other responsibilities like being a QB coach for example. So I don't think the points should be dispersed to the OC. Good debate though, this is something EA could expand on. However, the risk of things getting way out of whack is large. I would rather it stay the way it is now than run the risk of coaches progressing too fast and asking for ridiculous salarys.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:56 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 4

Wow. I just reread just about this entire thread. Look at how the OP's stance changes. I think the OP may just be looking for complain for the sake of it, but stumbled upon a decent complaint along the way lol
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »