Home

2 Ideas to make passing more difficult

This is a discussion on 2 Ideas to make passing more difficult within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2009, 07:00 AM   #9
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 2 Ideas to make passing more difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
This thread is for those that find passing too easy on every level of Madden 10. Due to the top down approach for Madden, oftentimes we all can look at several different receivers at once and our reaction time to read defenses for blitzes is quicker. But, we all know in reality that the difference between a QB with good awareness and bad awareness is his speed in reading and reacting to the defense. Not only that, but most QBs can't see what is happening to all his receicers at one time so I propose a solution for playeers thatr like sim play right now and possibly for madden in the future.

Idea #1: You can do this now with Madden 10 or any other Madden:

QB with AWR of 79 or below: You can only choose 1 receiver to pass to before snap. If he is covered you can either throw to him or throw out of bounds (pocket passer) or run (scrambler) or run out of pocket and throw to the same receiver (pocket passer or scrambler)

QB with AWR b/w 80 or 89: You can only choose 2 receiver to pass to before snap. If they are covered you can either throw to either or throw out of bounds (pocket passer) or run (scrambler) or run out of pocket and throw to those chosen receivers (pocket passer or scrambler)

QB with AWR b/w 99 or 90: You can only choose up to 5 receivers to pass to before snap. If they are covered you can either throw to either or throw out of bounds (pocket passer) or run (scrambler) or run out of pocket and throw to those chosen receivers (pocket passer or scrambler)

Idea #2

Its all about reading defenses. Since we can look down upon a whole defense like "GOD" lol. Disadvantages for user controlled passer must be created.

QB with AWR of 79 or below: Once you choose a receiver to pass to and press the button of the corresponding receiver, delay the reaction of the quaterback to throw the ball by a certain amount of time (ex. .5 sec). This will hope to simulate the inability of an inexperienced quaterback to read defenses quickly.

QB with b/w of 80 or 89 : Once you choose a receiver to pass to and press the button of the corresponding receiver, delay the reaction of the quaterback to throw the ball by a certain amount of time (ex. .2 sec). This will hope to simulate the ability of an experienced quaterback to read defenses quickly.

QB with b/w of 90 or 99 : Once you choose a receiver to pass to and press the button of the corresponding receiver, delay the reaction of the quaterback to throw the ball by a certain amount of time (ex. None). This will hope to simulate the ability of an experienced quaterback to read defenses quickly.

Let me know what you think
IN other words bring back the cone......

hey i like a challenge but i hate house rules, good ideas though

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 09-09-2009, 07:13 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 14

Some of the ideas sound good, but a Junior High Quarterback can do a 2 read progression. Now a days a High School QB can easily do a 3 WR progression.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:47 AM   #11
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

i agree with the open poster.

passing is too easy,this was always the case.

it may feel hard the first few games but after you get used to it, it become easy.

I`m preatty sure no one in here went 48% 140yds 0TD 1INT on any game they played.
IRL every QB have bad games, likes the one i posted.

So while i don`t necesary agree with the ideas from the OP, i do agree passing need to be harder.

My recomendation, make Overthrows and Underthrows more frecuent.. IRL QB overthrows recievers most of the time.

IRL if QB were as accurate as they are on Madden, all QB would be J.Montana`s.

just my 2 cent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #12
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

I have been suggest a double tap system. And the higher the AWR the quicker the QB targets his WR. This makes plenty sense and will handicap lesser QB. Limiting the WR you can target pre-snap is terrible idea.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjataa00
Horrible Ideas. EA needs to make the CPU call better plays and fix Man/Zone Coverage as well as WRs finding holes in the zones instead of running and standing next to a LB or something. The only reason passing is so easy is because the CPU is constantly blitzing and leaving the middle WIDE open. Making a handicap for players instead of fixing actual AI is not a fix.
This.

I don't know what game the OP is playing but I find a lot of cheese with CPU pass coverage and only am successful at passing because I can usually hit the slant, hit the TE or hit my HB in the flats. My WRs are next to useless on any other routes unless the corner blitzes. If I want passing to be more difficult then I can just not throw to these open guys and deal with crappy programming where my receiver, no matter his rating, can be magically covered for every other route something that simply does not happen in the real NFL.

The biggest problem IMO is that the receiver route running sucks and takes too long to progress based on the pass rush.

I just have to chuckle when people want to make a game "harder" by screwing themselves over. I also chuckle when many who may think the passing is too easy probably are putting up realistic numbers but figure they MUST throw a bundle of INTs and a completion % under 60.

My opinion is that until the game is actually programmed in a realistic way I feel no need to try and have some realistic experience. If I even attempted to do a lot of what is in the OP I'd be tossing 20 INTs a season with peyton not because of bad decisions but because of magic cpu db INTs. It's already bad enough most of the INTs i throw are bogus and I don't even throw many, 5-10.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #14
Strategy

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by all-en
I see where you are going here. But that sh*t is rediculous man. Not your ideas, per say, but the fact that we have try to be so damn creative, in order to make the game more life like and challenging.

I would simply just put the sliders way out of proportion than use your house rules. Because it would get too frusterating for me.

Hey, good ideas. I'm not blasting you. I see your vission here - its not you, its the game I guess.

I love the game...I finally have my sliders almost pertfected.

-peace
I just re-read the post I left last night. That was pretty harsh. My bad on that. I guess it was a frustration point. Definitely not towards the end users. Not one bit. More so, that we are all forced to be SO creative to have a good gaming experience. I love the game, but boy did it take a long time to get it right. I still find myself tweaking sliders every other game.

I think with the patches, especially the second one, we'll be happier campers.

kzdwfy - again, my bad on my initial harshness. Hopefully you can tell that it wasn't directed to you. Not even to EA - because I love the game. It's just a frusteration point that I was experiencing. I'm tired of messing with sliders. Just when I think I have them hard enough...I discover that their still too easy.

-peace
Old 09-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 11

Bring back the cone, I have no idea why they took it out all together. They should of left it in with the option to turn it on or off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #16
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
Bring back the cone, I have no idea why they took it out all together. They should of left it in with the option to turn it on or off.

I second that!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »