Home

Hows your franchise going?

This is a discussion on Hows your franchise going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #33
Rookie

joepa2624's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Hows your franchise going?

Started a Texans franchise to hold me over until the patch and rosters come out.

Season 1:
- Went 11-5 and lost in the first round of the playoffs
- Schaub had a decent season throwing as many picks as TDs.
- Slaton had a good 2nd season rushing for 1100 yds and double digit TDS
- Andre Johnson was injured until week 12 so he only had 40 recs and 500ish yards

Season 2:
- Solid draft picking up a stud defensive end, 99spd CB, and a B potential 7th round RB to backup Slaton
- No major signings, kept most of the team intact
- Had a very disappointing season going 5-11, 2 wins coming against the 14-2 Colts.
- Schaub had his typical season, Andre Johnson went off for 110 recs, 1500 yards, and 18 TDs
- Slaton had a tough year only rushing for 900 yds with a 2.9ypc.

Season 3:
- Made some trade to free up cap space including sending Schaub to Cleveland.
- Had an unbelievable draft taking a great QB in the 2nd round, 3 A potential linemen, and 2 A potential WRs.
- Resigned Slaton to 7 years, Mario Williams to 5 years, and Andre Johnson to 4 years, while clearing even more cap space

I'm currently in week 14 in my 3rd season with a record of 10-2 and the highest scoring offense in football. My rookie QB is going to win rookie of the year and Slaton is 2nd in mvp voting with 1400 yards and 18 totals TDs.

I'm having a blast with the Texans and I'm wondering if I'm going to want to start a new chise when the patch and rosters come out.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

My first year went pretty well with the Seahawks. I ended up going 9-7 but missed the playoffs. I traded Julius Jones and a fifth-round pick to the Chiefs for their third-round pick. I signed Ryan Torain and he bombed for me. I thought I might have found a diamond in the rough with him because he started well, but then he got hurt in week three and was done for the year. I finished the year with a pretty weak running game (Edge led the pack with 661 yards and 4 TD's, Forsett was second with 494 yards and 2 TD's).

Hasselbeck had a great year. 3,828 yards, 29 TD, 9 INT. He was selected to the Pro Bowl, as was Houshmandzadeh (92 receptions, 1,109 yards, 9 TD). John Carlson also made the Pro Bowl with 71 receptions for 933 yards and 10 TD. My receiving corps as a whole was probably the strength of my team. Rookie Deon Butler had a great rookie season (55 receptions, 888 yards, 5 TD). Deion Branch and Nate Burleson were good, but not spectacular.

Defensively, I was pretty good. Leading the team was Aaron Curry with 72 tackles, 5 sacks, 3 INT and 3 FF. Curry won Defensive Rookie of the Year honors. Brandon Mebane led the team in sacks with 8, followed by Patrick Kerney with 7, Leroy Hill with 6, and a few others with 3-5 each. Lofa Tatupu suffered a season ending knee injury in week 10 but was pretty solid up until then.

The Colts won the Super Bowl.

I drafted Eric Berry and Jonathan Dwyer in the first two rounds. I figure those two guys will fill huge holes. Using the Chiefs third-round pick, I drafted JAKE LOCKER out of Washington. He'll be a project for sure, as he is only rated a 64 but with A potential. He also could fit well in the secondary so if making him my future QB does not work, I can always try him out there.

Having fun so far... still waiting on the patch though.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #35
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4

I haven't even touched franchise yet until the final roster update and the 2nd patch comes out so I have alot of waiting to do until I can actually get into Madden, its only been collecting dust since release day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #36
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

all these stories have me excited to start my chise.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:24 PM   #37
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

well i started one the other day with my detroit lions
first game drew brees killed me for like 430 yrds it came down to the last play they kicked a fg got called for holding so i expected they would retry when they moved back it was going to be a 50 yrd attempt so i put fg block again and guess what he came out to try for it so before i could go offsides on purpose because i had no time outs he hiked the ball threw it to his te real fast and bamb touch down they beat me 43-42 mind you i am playing 20 sec run off allpro level fast speed no tweaks.

second game i beat the vikes 14-13 brett favre threw 2 ints i won it with 5 sec to go by hitting jennings wr on crossing route after a long kick off return the sec half i put in stafford because cullpepper was in efective and he threw for 180 yrds in sec half alone along with 119 yards from kevin smith. brett favrestunk it up but petterson had over 120 yrds and a nice 55 yrd td run on me.

3rd game i beat up on the redskins pretty bad but cambell had a nice fourth qtr scoring 21 points alone but he threw 3 ints 2 were returned for tds final score was 35-24 staffords first start 2 tds 1 int runing game i got blanked.

4th game i went to soldier field and beat up on cry baby cutler he threw 3 ints was sacked 5 times alone by orakpo who i traded for and made a de calvin had 2 tds 178 yards recieving no running game the bears shut me down, but i took away there over the middle options with the te olsen i covered him or forte everytime they called a passing play and spread my line on known passing plays the extra coverage payed off and forced him to eather pass to a covered man or get sacked he was sacked 7 times i even knocked him out 2 times lol final score 45 to 10 he did throw for 320 yards.

so so far i am 3-1 and love how much better stafford is than cullpepper i was going to sit him the whole year and give him mop up duty but cullpepper was just to off on the critical 3rd down passes so now i am not turning back.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #38
Rookie

canes2008's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmcfreak
I haven't even touched franchise yet until the final roster update and the 2nd patch comes out so I have alot of waiting to do until I can actually get into Madden, its only been collecting dust since release day.
I'm going to wait until the final rosters are out then start one

Is this the 2nd patch that's due out next week or the 1st
Old 09-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

How can you guys even play franchise with all these stats glitches? I don't get it.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 6

It's like NFL2K5. There were glitches in that game, but the overall package made up for it. This is the first time I can say that about a Madden game. The overall game is fun to play where I can live with some of these glitches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »