Home

The Famous..Will I have to restart franchise after patch?

This is a discussion on The Famous..Will I have to restart franchise after patch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2009, 12:09 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The Famous..Will I have to restart franchise after patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggymundi
Really???....Nobody knows?? I am aware u had to restart in the past....so Im assuming you will again, just hoping otherwise and looking for confirmation.
Since the dawn of online roster updates, for any game, for any system, there has never been, and, I'll bet money on this, there will never be already-started-franchise roster updates. The point being there are too many variables already in your started franchise (who is injured, who is released, who is signed, depth charts, etc.)
Old 09-10-2009, 12:12 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by debauchlord
Since the dawn of online roster updates, for any game, for any system, there has never been, and, I'll bet money on this, there will never be already-started-franchise roster updates. The point being there are too many variables already in your started franchise (who is injured, who is released, who is signed, depth charts, etc.)

No not the ROSTER update.....The PATCH....2 different things. I know you can't do that with rosters......
Old 09-10-2009, 12:16 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggymundi
No not the ROSTER update.....The PATCH....2 different things. I know you can't do that with rosters......
Depends what the patch itself, does. I was not aware a patch was forthcoming, so I assumed you meant the roster patch. Usually I would say you would not have a problem witha gameplay patch in any franchise, but there are always exceptions (freezing issues, that kind of stuff).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 12:16 AM   #12
Rookie

I believe it depends on the specific issue the patch is addressing. Somethings will go into effect without a restart, while others do require a restart. As for the specifics, I would greatly appreciate some more information as to what aspects require a restart.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:28 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spliff616
I believe it depends on the specific issue the patch is addressing. Somethings will go into effect without a restart, while others do require a restart. As for the specifics, I would greatly appreciate some more information as to what aspects require a restart.

Yeah this is something I really need to know....like ASAP....I have some sick classic rosters I made plus DK's rosters on ncaa for draft classes. I really wanna start my chise.....
Old 09-10-2009, 01:59 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 12

My money is on yeah. There's a stat bug I read about. So obviously you would have to restart your chise. How else would it work then?

I do wish we can get some clarification. I'm playing a dummy chise waiting for the rosters, but it could be useless if the patch comes out later than the rosters then we have to restart.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:47 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1182
My money is on yeah. There's a stat bug I read about. So obviously you would have to restart your chise. How else would it work then?

I do wish we can get some clarification. I'm playing a dummy chise waiting for the rosters, but it could be useless if the patch comes out later than the rosters then we have to restart.

The stat fixes come in patch 2. I dont think you have to restart your franchise for the gameplay fixes of patch 1, the nhl 09 patch2, which really helped the gameplay alot did not force you to restart your franchise either. So imo, you dont have to restart for this patch, but probably for patch 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 08:53 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 8

This is just a guess, but considering what is being addressed in patch 1, I don't think you'll have to restart. Those are general gameplay issues not tied to franchise play.

With patch 2, you might have to because it supposedly will address some franchise stat issues. Even then, they might be able to do it without having to restart.

The only thing that would affect current franchises is the forthcoming week 1 roster update, because it alters the offensive player Pursuit ratings to try and cut down on the picks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »