Home

Is madden playable for you?

This is a discussion on Is madden playable for you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is madden playable for you?
Yes, I love madden and couldn't ask for more. 89 42.79%
No, Another wasted 60 bucks 41 19.71%
I will still play it but it sometimes frustrates me to the point where i throw controllers 78 37.50%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Is madden playable for you?

My answer is a No. I am very mad that I blew 60 bucks on this game this year, I see the improvements in it I am not gonna lie, the running is smoother the juke moves look nice however does anyone besides me just think this game is completely effing boring this year? I see no fun in it at all, I bought it on Midnight release and since then I have played about a total of 3 full games.

The blocking is just stupid, pursuit angles look like a bunch of 5 year old ******s and its getting to the point now where EA sports football games are no fun to play at all. Everything is scripted and if you don't really believe that then you have not been playing EA sports games your whole life.

But who cares, EA sports makes money thats all they care about, Im just glad NCAA Football has held somewhat of my attention this year and Live looks promising. In my opinion EA could end the creation of madden and I really wouldnt care not one ioda and thats coming from someone who has been playing the series since the Sega Genesis. Another year another letdown and this time it is bigger than ever. BTW those stupid *** gang tackles with 11 on 1 are the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a video game, like seriously it is just so unnatural and wow I cant even describe how stupid it looks.

EA give up on pro football, I dont know what it is maybe you dont have a single person on your staff that has ever played football before but Madden in no way shape or form captures the essence of true football, And I've bet you have heard this one before (try looking at 2k).
Old 09-12-2009, 01:17 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungmizzou
My answer is a No. I am very mad that I blew 60 bucks on this game this year, I see the improvements in it I am not gonna lie, the running is smoother the juke moves look nice however does anyone besides me just think this game is completely effing boring this year? I see no fun in it at all, I bought it on Midnight release and since then I have played about a total of 3 full games.

The blocking is just stupid, pursuit angles look like a bunch of 5 year old ******s and its getting to the point now where EA sports football games are no fun to play at all. Everything is scripted and if you don't really believe that then you have not been playing EA sports games your whole life.

But who cares, EA sports makes money thats all they care about, Im just glad NCAA Football has held somewhat of my attention this year and Live looks promising. In my opinion EA could end the creation of madden and I really wouldnt care not one ioda and thats coming from someone who has been playing the series since the Sega Genesis. Another year another letdown and this time it is bigger than ever. BTW those stupid *** gang tackles with 11 on 1 are the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a video game, like seriously it is just so unnatural and wow I cant even describe how stupid it looks.

EA give up on pro football, I dont know what it is maybe you dont have a single person on your staff that has ever played football before but Madden in no way shape or form captures the essence of true football, And I've bet you have heard this one before (try looking at 2k).
Tell em why you mad mayne.....How much did you lose by, lol?
Old 09-12-2009, 01:29 AM   #35
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19

I havn't been playing that much lately, but for me personally the game is alot of fun when I do play.

I wouldn't say that "I couldn't ask for more" like the poll question asks, but I just accept the game for what it is, and get the most out of it that I can.

It's great to see the game finally going in the right direction on next gen. This game will improve more and more each year in my opinion with Ian as the frontman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 01:39 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 12

What a ridiculous poll. Surely there's some middle ground between "I love madden and couldn't ask for more" and throwing controllers...
Old 09-12-2009, 01:51 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 12

i still play it but it annoys me when im up by 3 touchdowns and the other team comes back in the 4th quarter to win. it seems to happen more than it should. i mean in real life it happens but not as much as it does in madden, and i dont think it happens much in real life in the 4th quarter.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:54 AM   #38
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanMrMustard
What a ridiculous poll. Surely there's some middle ground between "I love madden and couldn't ask for more" and throwing controllers...
It was worded poorly. That's why I refuse to vote, because I sure as hell don't love it but I don't throw controllers either.

I've played about 25 games in my limited gaming time. I played four games of Madden 09 before jettisoning that historic P.O.S.

What it comes down to is I've learned to live with the flaws because I look forward to playing the game, which is the ultimate test. But I will be deeply disappointed if the major issues aren't remedied.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 09-12-2009, 02:08 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 9

I just wish they didn't go with the madden '03 engine featuring all of the ridiculous nano's.. **** is annoying.

First order of business:

Remove nano's, increase repeated use play recognition, remove the rocket catch once and for all(TAKE CATCHING OFF OF THE STICK PERIOD), fix pursuit angles, tweak the wildcat's effectiveness, tweak/lower poor throwers accuracy a bit more.

Basically take the BS out of the game.. make users get creative offensively and defensively to win games.. This game is fun, but it could be so much more.. they just gotta trust gamers...send the old VG sports/Madden lab players running.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:45 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungmizzou

The game is certainly not as boring as last year. I actually have some fun with it, and even scream sat my T.V. I scream...loud. What I need is for the players to get as hyped as I do. They have a small celebration, and it's right to kicking a field goal. I want more time devoted to praise from the coach, player celebrations, and player interaction. Make scoring TD's, or big plays, as big of a deal as the teams do in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »