Home

OS Madden 10 Preview: AFC West

This is a discussion on OS Madden 10 Preview: AFC West within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2009, 09:59 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: OS Madden 10 Preview: AFC West

I can't see giving the Raiders any love until they play good football, which they haven't for some time now.

You guys are mentioning the Chargers as having troubles? Are you kidding me?! They have an elite QB and a solid, well rounded, talented team! They look like a top contender.

I also think the Broncos will do better than OAK and KC. They had a dramatic offseason, but it isn't like their team completely fell apart.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 09-13-2009, 10:05 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I can't see giving the Raiders any love until they play good football, which they haven't for some time now.

You guys are mentioning the Chargers as having troubles? Are you kidding me?! They have an elite QB and a solid, well rounded, talented team! They look like a top contender.

I also think the Broncos will do better than OAK and KC. They had a dramatic offseason, but it isn't like their team completely fell apart.
what are you talking about the broncos have fell apart they dont have a qb they say the raiders cant stop the run the broncos neve could plus there star reciever Marshall dont want play and they fire shannon there young inexperience coach dont know what he is doing
Old 09-13-2009, 12:15 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 26
the raiders can do some good with richard seymor,j. russel and garcia,mcfadden,hey-bay,greg ellis,that starting CB with a difficult name,kirk morrison,and more

they are not bad,they need a better coach.like who the hell is "tom cable"?
Old 09-13-2009, 07:04 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackstar5
what are you talking about the broncos have fell apart they dont have a qb they say the raiders cant stop the run the broncos neve could plus there star reciever Marshall dont want play and they fire shannon there young inexperience coach dont know what he is doing
The Raiders haven't won 5 games in a season for 5 years. That's the worst in NFL history. KC won 2 games last season and don't look much improved. Denver was 9-7 I believe and still have some of their team in place from that season. I understand there is a different coach, but I have more faith in them at this point than their competition I previously mentioned.

P.S.

You should improve your argument by using sentences and breaking up your thoughts into paragraphs. It'll allow more people to understand what your idea is. The only thing people can judge you by in a forum is your writing style, and one that comes off as uneducated usually gets disrespected. Yours came off as uneducated, and I think a little proofreading could change that.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

Last edited by CreatineKasey; 09-13-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:54 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
and you're a hypocrite. you sound just as racist as he did. Race is no issue here, JaMarcus Russel just plain sucks. So do the rest of the Raiders. I agree with most of what the OP said and where he ranks the teams. Oakland just doesn't have it.
the funny thing is yall say Jamarcus just plain sucks but can't give a reason how he sucks in the offseason he was constantly looking at film and every had his own practice throwing to young wide recievers thats work ethic name one game last year that he was the reason the raiders lost I mean even they games we got blowed out he still had good numbers against NE 242 yards 2 td the first game against San Diego that we should have won he had 277 yards 1 td 1 int he was sacked 6 times last year he was sacked 30 something times no qb is going look good getting sack that many times The another thing analayzers always pick out the bad plays but I reality sometimes its Russell fault but mostly the wr they dropped catchable passes or ronald curry for example can't run any more had too many surgeries you see zach miller dont drop his passes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 02:40 PM   #22
Rookie

Madden Head's Arena

OVR: 4

After the 2002 season the Riders have the worst win % in the NFL, yes, even worse than the Lions. Also, while I agree the pre-season doesn't mean a whole lot, Oakland not only lost, they were killed in the pre-season this year. There is no reason to believe in the Raiders until they give you a reason to believe in them. Even Raiders fans I know were starting to say last yer that it is hard to be fan and watch the things Al Davis and that team are doing week in and week out.

The Chargers under Norv Turner stuggle in the regular season, but are still a very good team. SD reminds me of Dalas last year one of the most talented teams in the NFL and they can't find a way to put it together. The games they do put it together, they are very hard if at all possible to beat.

In the end the AFC West is just like the NFC west, filled with bad teams that just get by. If the playoffs spots were filed by teams with the best record, the Chargers and Cardinals wouldn't even have been in the post season.

SD will win the West again. Nt because they will play well, but because the other three teams are really bad.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #23
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarshad
Interesting write up, that failed to mention that every year 6 new teams make the playoffs. Without further ado, here we go:

1. Oakland- too much speed, solid pass rush, and an improving running game equates to 1st place

2. San Diego- Aging star running back, mediocre head coach, and an over paid QB equals a drop in production. Also, SD struggled to win the division last year.

3. Kansas City- KC is a team on the rise. Next year will be there year to make the playoffs.

4.Denver- Resembling something the cat threw up, Denver may be the worst team in the NFL
Let me guess, your opinion is based off all the experts and hours of game footage? I know Denver is not the same as it was last year, but geez the worst team in the league just because one player left is really harsh. But before you go all "i know more than you" did you even watch the Cincy game? If you did you would have noticed the D has shown signs of life by getting pressure on Palmer and causing turnovers. Again before someone says that Cincy isnt the highest model of a team to beat, remember last year we couldn't do anything against Oakland and their complete mess of a team? I saw one thing up until the 4th quarter and that was consistancy, and we didnt have that barely at all last year.

Orton is not Cutler, and Orton is not Tom Brady, but McD's system did help orton show signs of flash and thats all i care about.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions

Last edited by Instant C1a55ic; 09-14-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:36 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 26
that was the luckiest TD ever from denver,it was a terrible pass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »