Home

IN OUR LIFE TIME WILL WE EVER SEE MADDEN EMPLOY

This is a discussion on IN OUR LIFE TIME WILL WE EVER SEE MADDEN EMPLOY within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2009, 12:45 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: IN OUR LIFE TIME WILL WE EVER SEE MADDEN EMPLOY

these are the facts:

With euphoria, animations are not canned but are generated on-the-fly by the hardware's processors as the game is played. Every tackle is your tackle, every haymaker is your haymaker.
Previously, animation data had to be manually created (through key-framing) or recorded (through motion capture). This is often expensive and laborious, and results in static, non-interactive data.

euphoria is instead based on a full simulation of a 3D character, including body, muscles and motor nervous system. This creates fully interactive animations that act and react differently every time.

which means.... NO KEYFRAME ANIMATION and NO MOTION CAPTURE, which madden cant live without

get it fuk'n right

Last edited by NONREALISTIC; 09-13-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:53 PM   #18
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Ok, we have all the facts now all we need is proof that it can deliver what it says inside a video game. Plus we need proof that it will actually hold true for sports games.

Thus far the only game available that is using the Euphoria Engine is GTA 4. As of the last time I checked, there are only a handful of games that are going to use the Euphoria Engine...

*Backbreaker
*Red Dead Redemption(Rockstar is using Eurphoria in all future titles)
*Max Payne 3 (Rockstar Title)
*Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 (rumored to be using it)

I'll be very interested to see how well Euphoria works in Backbreaker and PES 2010(if PES does indeed use it) before holding sports devs accountable for not using it. The makers of Euphoria claim its cheaper than motion capture. If that is indeed true, then I'm curious as to why more companies aren't instilling it into their respective games.

As for the question, maybe we'll see it used during our lifetime, but I'm guessing that at some point, there'll probably be something else out there that is going to replace Euphoria.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 09-13-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:03 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigogouhou
You're asking a company to spend millions of dollars to buy access to a physics engine they have no experience with, and then forfeit millions of other dollars by not releasing a game next year while they try to figure out how the thing they just bought works.
euphoria is not middleware. Instead, NaturalMotion has close co-development relationships with publishers and development teams to integrate euphoria into their next-generation titles. This allows clients to hit the ground running and produce euphoria-enabled games within short time frames.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #20
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm very much looking forward to actual use of this engine in sports games, it appears to have the potential to take these games to the next level, and we're all getting REAL tired of the EA engine(s) and I think sales figures demonstrate that.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONREALISTIC
is that the excuse that you're giving EA sports

I think its obvious you just made your account to come in here and bash madden, no matter what.

Question is, Why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #22
Puck Dynasty

soxnut1018's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantgetright69
I say madden should release a new madden every 3 years. And have continuous roster updates. This is better. Charge 60 bucks for roster updates and patches but stop making the same crap every year that pisses everyone off.
Or you could just buy Madden every three years.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:41 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 11

A guy who is involved with a game where announcers say "nice run, he was stopped at the line but drove through for a nice gain" after a pass play criticizes Euphoria, and you believe it.

Wow.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #24
Relentless

Weapon X's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
A guy who is involved with a game where announcers say "nice run, he was stopped at the line but drove through for a nice gain" after a pass play criticizes Euphoria, and you believe it.
What the hell does commentary have to do with an animation engine?

WX

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »