Home

Letter to all the "SIM" Madden Players out there.

This is a discussion on Letter to all the "SIM" Madden Players out there. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Letter to all the "SIM" Madden Players out there.

I'm sick of it. It's time to stand together or fall apart.

Quickly, if you wonder if I'm talking to you, I'm talking to anyone that answers "YES" to these simple questions.

1. When you play online, do you play 98% of the time with your favorite team instead of "matching up" for (aka) cpu assistance?
  2. Do you run your team as close to its real life counterpart as you can understand?
  3. You do not feel right playing with another teams playbook and believe playbooks should not translate so easily among teams?
This was suppose to be OUR year but seems to me it was another "fluff" year. That's cool, I just look at it like we just were not speaking as loud as they were. Yep, the chain gangers were yelling and got heard, the field refs, custom cleats, camera anglers all were screaming loud enough to get heard and get results.

WE, ONCE AGAIN, WERE NOT. Yes, most of what happens before a pass and after a catch are different in a good way. But, everything in between is still the same.

I wont even drag out alot of issues, just a few.

• How does a RG stand up, TURN HIS BACK TO THE DEFENSE, and then decide to go block a LB on the back side of a HB Dive?
  • Is it suppose to be fun playing the CPU that confuses good defense with cheating?
  • Why are most holding calls on 3rd down?
  • How does the CPU move its players to where my WR's are going before they get there?
  • How come I know someone is going to run untouched into the backfield on 3rd down ESPECIALLY if I'm winning by less than a TD?
Can we get to some, a few, maybe 1 of the real issues necessary to have a truly "SIM" Madden?

1. TEAM IDENTITY. Teams must have to do what it is they do to be successful.
  2. Players react to what is happening on the field using realistic Football rules that they have been taught since high school.

OL's block inside out, CB's try not to give inside releases, Safeties do not back pedal in the red zone, WR's alter routes WHILE running their routes.

Like I said, its time to be heard. We are not going to put up with there not being enough time for us to get results next year.

You got the casual gamer out of the way this year. Got them some presentation and alot of nice eye candy. We see through all that and are looking for dramatic upgrades to not just gameplay, but how and why it is implemented.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Letter to all the "SIM" Madden Players out there.

Gripe thread.

Locked.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »