Home

The devs love to add a major feature (gimmick?) per year, so here's one for next year

This is a discussion on The devs love to add a major feature (gimmick?) per year, so here's one for next year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 12:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
The devs love to add a major feature (gimmick?) per year, so here's one for next year

ADVANCED BLOCKING.

Madden IQ (The game that adapts to you!!!) and PRO TAK .. ok, whatever.

The next feature should be blocking. Boast about it. Market it. Do whatever you want with it. Make advanced, realistic, amazing blocking IQ.

There is no excuse for the blocking in this game. Guy's either start their block or don't at all and just walk around in circles. Last night, I had the entire offensive line head for the sideline after the snap while the ball was getting handed to my back. It's ridiculous.

Every football fan would appreciate this addition, without question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The devs love to add a major feature (gimmick?) per year, so here's one for next

I'm not sure how much they can market blocking.

I know I would be interested if they overhauled blocking as I'm sure everyone here will but the problem is that outside of a few thousand people not many people care about making the game like real life. I've talked to a lot of my brothers friends and the majority of them think 09 was 'so much better' and their all 15-18. IDK if you noticed but 15-18 year old boys are kind of in EA's gaming wheelhouse. Those people spend a lot of money on entertainment.

I think in order to market something it has to sound amazing and world changing, pro-tak actually amazed me. Not that they put it in, but rather that they chose to make a big deal about it. You see other features were flashy and sounded world changing, while pro tak changed the game (and for the better most of us can agree, yes there are bugs but its going in the right direction) its hardly flashy. A 17 year old kid doesn't go... pro tak... now thats sim! Instead they go, player weapons! Now thats something I can use! I think to effectively market it has to be obscure and sound amazing.

Pro Bloc isn't something I would think they would want to market either (By the way any Dev's that read this you can use that "Pro Bloc" I'm awesome) but rather some other stupid gimmick that would sell disks.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: The devs love to add a major feature (gimmick?) per year, so here's one for next

I do agree that they need to do away with the "big feature" per say and focus on all the little intricacies that makes football what it is. This is a proven winning formula. Madden 10 is good. I really like it for the most part but........please EA no more "features". Just uh.....make necessary "adjustments" if you will.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
Rookie

If the devs thought like that, they would get no where. They've been using the strategy you mentioned, yet Madden sales are decreasing every year.

Perhaps they should cater to a different segment of football gamers
(PRO-BLOCK, I like it)
Old 09-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

Ugh, how about they f*** off with their gimmicks and actually focus on football.

Ian Cummings should be forced to watch every single game this season with his eyes held open like Malcolm in A Clockwork Orange, and then be forced to play Madden directly after until he understands that Madden 2010 is NOT real football simulation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayFox51
and PRO TAK .. ok, whatever.
WTF does that mean? "Ok, whatever" what?

It is awesome how the human species today has no concept of the definitions of words specifically the word "whatever"

May as well say "Ok, bananas" since it makes about as much sense as what you and seemingly EVERYONE AROUND me says.

Humans....sickens me how much the ability to intelligently communicate has declined in the last decade and how it is a sure sign of the impending Idiocracy.

I am sure your thought to this is "whatever" which again MAKES NO SENSE if one actually knows wtf the word means.

As for the blocking "feature", of course they need to fix it. Way to start a enw thread on something that's been covered 5.6 billion times on this forum.

I fail to see the point of this thread other than me seeing the "ok whatever" crap and adding to my disgust of the english speaking human's ability to not form a sentence that doesn't devolve into idiocy.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo
WTF does that mean? "Ok, whatever" what?

It is awesome how the human species today has no concept of the definitions of words specifically the word "whatever"

May as well say "Ok, bananas" since it makes about as much sense as what you and seemingly EVERYONE AROUND me says.

Humans....sickens me how much the ability to intelligently communicate has declined in the last decade and how it is a sure sign of the impending Idiocracy.

I am sure your thought to this is "whatever" which again MAKES NO SENSE if one actually knows wtf the word means.

As for the blocking "feature", of course they need to fix it. Way to start a enw thread on something that's been covered 5.6 billion times on this forum.

I fail to see the point of this thread other than me seeing the "ok whatever" crap and adding to my disgust of the english speaking human's ability to not form a sentence that doesn't devolve into idiocy.
Wow.

Someone is whined up a little much.

Whatever as in 'ok .. moving right along' or 'ok .. thats fine' ..

Let me guess, you're in your 40s?
Old 09-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #8
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunterIVXX
Ugh, how about they f*** off with their gimmicks and actually focus on football.

Ian Cummings should be forced to watch every single game this season with his eyes held open like Malcolm in A Clockwork Orange, and then be forced to play Madden directly after until he understands that Madden 2010 is NOT real football simulation.
A Clockwork Orange reference? I'll give you an A for taste lol.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »