Home

expansion draft exposed players

This is a discussion on expansion draft exposed players within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: expansion draft exposed players

Your team looks good and pretty realistic. Howd you do the rookie draft again? You replace rookies you took with comparable fa's or what?
Old 09-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

basically. what i did was went to NFL.com, gave myself Pick 1.1, 2.1, 3.1, 4.1, 5.1, 5.33, 6.1, 6.33, 7.1, and 7.33

and gave myself 1 rookie that was available (and is in madden) at that point in the draft.

for the first pick, i had to select who the Jaguars selected, so it was Eugene Monroe (LT). then from there, i simplky selected 1 guy who was available at each spot, and replaced with either a plaer from jags original roster who was somewhat comparable (which was easy because i didnt take ANY highly rated Rookies) or a comparable FA.

Ended up with an OK "draft" i thought.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #35
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Alright so I took over the Lions and Kept their draft picks. Here is my roster for opening season. Also some people may say "well that team wouldn't give up that player" but I have a reason for every pick.

QB- M. Stafford (Rookie)
A. Walter (Free Agent)
B. Brohm (Free Agent)
RB- C. Williams (TB)
A. Brown (Rookie)
S. Young (Free Agent)
FB- L. Neal (Free Agent
WR- D. Williams (Rookie)
J. Walker (OAK)
M. Harrison (Free Agent)
M. Jones (Free Agent)
R. Williams (Free Agent)
TE- B. Pettigrew (Rookie)
L. Pope (Free Agent)
T- L. Jones (Free Agent)
H. Taylor (Free Agent)
G- J. Nesbit (NO)
J. Terry (Free Agent)
C- H. Fraley (CLE)
S. Justice (Free Agent)
G- A. Jones (Free Agent)
B. Stokes (Free Agent)
T- J. Runyan (Free Agent)
S. Olivea (Free Agent)

DE- J. Anderson (ATL)
K. Edwards (Free Agent)
DT- S. Hill (Rookie)
S. Smith (Free Agent)
G. Warren (OAK)
DE- D. Howard (PHI)
KGB (Free Agent)
OLB- P. Wheeler (IND)
C. Blackburn (NYG)
MLB- D. Levy (Rookie)
D. Connor (CAR)
OLB- Q. Groves (JAX)
J. Moss (DEN)
CB- N. Vasher (CHI)
A. Goodman (DEN)
S. Rolle (BAL)
F. Smoot (WAS)
FS- L. Delmas (Rookie)
B. McGowen (NE)
SS- Tyvon Branch (OAK)
G. Alexander (JAX)
So as you can see I picked up 19 guys (mainly defense) and here are my reasons for each pick.

C. Williams (TB)- With Ward and Graham ahead of him and 2 year/14 mil contract TB would put him on the list.
J. Walker (OAK)- Huge contract and very low on depth chart
J. Nesbit (NO)-32 years old and behind a much younger Nicks on depth chart.
H. Fraley (CLE)-Just drafted Mack who is better. Plus being 31 with a 2 year/8 mil contract doesn't help
J. Anderson (ATL)- He is young but has a huge contract (3 years/30 mil) and his currently behind Davis on depth chart.
G.Warren (OAK)- 31 years old with a 3 year/ 36 mil contract and isn't good.
D. Howard (PHI)- This was a tough one because he is a 78 overall but he plays behind Cole and is 32 years old. Plus his contract is 3 years/ 24 mil.
P. Wheeler (IND)- Plays behind Hagler and isn't rated high
C. Blackburn (NYG)- Plays behind both Boley and Kehl so he would be odd man out
D. Connor (CAR)- Plays behind Beason who is only 24 so can't see them wanting to keep him over some other players.
Q. Groves (JAX)- Plays behind Ingram who is only a year older and much better
J. Moss (DEN)- Was thinking of Dumervil but I knew they wouldn't give him up. Moss's contract is 3 years/15 mil and is 3rd on depth chart.
N. Vasher (CHI)- Big contract here 4 years/30 mil
A. Goodman (DEN)- 31 years old and they just drafted Smith. Contract is pretty big 5 years/25 mil
S. Rolle (BAL)- 33 years old and 3rd on depth chart.
F. Smoot (WAS)- 30 years old and 3rd on depth chart. Contract is big 3 years/21 mil
B. McGowen (NE)- Playing behind a much better Sanders. Figured Pats would give him up.
Tyvon Branch (OAK)- Just drafted Mitchell in the second round so he is their future.
G. Alexander (JAX)- Is 2nd on the depth chart but they drafted Greene so they would be willing to part with Alexander.

It was a lot tougher than originally thought because there are a lot of guys with only 1 year contracts. My payroll is much larger than I anticipated it being. I only have 11.71 million in cap space. Much of that is thanks to Stafford but also Walker, Warren, and Anderson are over 5 million cap hit for this year. Should be a pretty fun time though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #36
Rookie

not bad billyboy! I also took smoot, rolle and t.branch in secondary. I doubt that ATL would cut loose J.Anderson and would more likely put up c.davis but oh well. You guys will have better teams then me starting out because i only took 1 disperment player which was a rookie OL from replaced team. I didnt think about it before but the best a maybe easiest way is to keep the replaced teams rookies like you did.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #37
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfalconfan
not bad billyboy! I also took smoot, rolle and t.branch in secondary. I doubt that ATL would cut loose J.Anderson and would more likely put up c.davis but oh well. You guys will have better teams then me starting out because i only took 1 disperment player which was a rookie OL from replaced team. I didnt think about it before but the best a maybe easiest way is to keep the replaced teams rookies like you did.
Thanks

Yea I wasn't sure about Anderson but I know Anderson's contract is bigger and he hasn't really done much for Atlanta since he was drafted. Last year Davis recorded 38 tackles and 4 sacks while Anderson recorded 27 tackles and 2 sacks.

Yea it was easier to just keep the rookies rather than doing something like lostrelms did. Even though that might be more realistic and more fun to do.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #38
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

so in doing this hwo do we ensure that there arent any duplicate players. they way i did mine is just make a cupcake team release all the major players from the jags and then only sign FA's .... but your idea is so much better.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #39
Rookie

key to no duplicate players is to fantasy draft to your created team , the remaining players from the team to be replaced and no one else. You can add fa's after you start chise.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #40
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZito75
so in doing this hwo do we ensure that there arent any duplicate players. they way i did mine is just make a cupcake team release all the major players from the jags and then only sign FA's .... but your idea is so much better.
What I did was traded/signed all the players I planned on having on my team to the Lions (the team I replaced) because if you don't do that then all the players on the lions will disappear from the game.

So when you do all trading and signings (make sure you write down all your players to make the next step a little easier) then you go and create your team. When selecting the team type select fantasy. You will then go into a screen where you pick your players from the entire player pool. This is the hardest part because they aren't grouped into teams so what I did was went through each position and searched by name.

Keep in mind you will select 50 players so before you do that make sure you have 50 players on the team you will replace.

So just a little example I have C. Williams as my running back so what I did was traded one of the Lions running back to the Bucs for C. William.

Now I didn't think trading K. Smith would be fair so I released K. Smith and picked up a running back close to Williams.

Same with my other big named guys (Calvin Johnson, Ernie Sims). They are currently sitting in the free agency list.

Hope that helps a little

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »