Home

How do you personally play defense?

This is a discussion on How do you personally play defense? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: How do you personally play defense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jacket
I plug in 11 controllers and go balls to the wall...
lmao.

I play DE. Its just easier for me to play that way. I played Saftey in Madden 09, but it seems harder this year, so i switched back to DE and have been playing decent defense.

I switch players through-out the play though too, I know some people don't do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznaiders
i back the lbs 10 yards over the top so you can dump it off to your rb and get your easyfirst down! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEERS!
lol, killed me seeing that all game
Old 09-16-2009, 02:49 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRYder226
lmao.

I play DE. Its just easier for me to play that way. I played Saftey in Madden 09, but it seems harder this year, so i switched back to DE and have been playing decent defense.

I switch players through-out the play though too, I know some people don't do that.

Ugh..how do you manage it? Everytime I try to play D that way, I get dinked and dunked to death across the middle, by these clowns.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:57 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Ugh..how do you manage it? Everytime I try to play D that way, I get dinked and dunked to death across the middle, by these clowns.
Raiders D aint bad in this game. Team selection, and maybe Sliders effect this as well. We all play with different settings
Old 09-16-2009, 05:16 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRYder226
Raiders D aint bad in this game. Team selection, and maybe Sliders effect this as well. We all play with different settings
i'm talking about user vs user mostyly. Everytime I have tried playing DL vs a user..its a dink and dunk fest to the middle, or flat route prostituion.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:25 PM   #30
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Safety.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:16 AM   #31
My Head Hurts

jnofx's Arena

OVR: 11

I like to play as the highest rated safety on the team. It just puts me into a position to make plays, and when somebody is really exposing me on passes in the flat, I'm in position to lay the wood.... I just got 2 user picks and a user forced fumble in my last game on my online franchise playing as Polamalu (I play All-Pro at the moment... my next 'chise will be All-Madden). I like doing this best when my safety is a big hitter, because when playing any type of zone, I drop back and don't let anybody behind me. In doing so, the AI usually recognizes the short routes are open and hits them, and here I come at full speed with the hit stick.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2009, 02:33 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 11

I usually rotate between all my D-Linemen, to keep the stats even. Sometimes I'll play as an OLB in either the flats or hook to curl.
Minnesota Wild

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »