Home

I really hope EA takes a good look at some of the Wishlist threads...

This is a discussion on I really hope EA takes a good look at some of the Wishlist threads... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2009, 05:43 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
I really hope EA takes a good look at some of the Wishlist threads...

Seems like they could learn a thing or two about what should be present in a sim football game.

Most of the stuff in those threads is the kinda thing that you'd think would be in Madden if the team would just watch a real game or two, take notes, and apply it to Madden exactly how it's done in real life.

Regardless, the dev team needs to give those threads on the Wishlist board more than a little peek, I'd imagine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 05:56 AM   #2
Banned

Re: I really hope EA takes a good look at some of the Wishlist threads...

That's a great thought and post. But in all honesty, I think the development team is handcuffed by two realities. One is the game engine. EA is not going scrap it and create a new one, not on this gen of consoles anyway. The other thing is Madden Football and all it entails is a commodity. It is what it is because of one thing: it sells. There is no way the corporate decision makers at EA will ever approve a shift away from what Madden is and how it plays, to a game for sim players who make up a very tiny part of the video football market.

Last edited by baa7; 09-15-2009 at 05:58 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:27 AM   #3
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
That's a great thought and post. But in all honesty, I think the development team is handcuffed by two realities. One is the game engine. EA is not going scrap it and create a new one, not on this gen of consoles anyway. The other thing is Madden Football and all it entails is a commodity. It is what it is because of one thing: it sells. There is no way the corporate decision makers at EA will ever approve a shift away from what Madden is and how it plays, to a game for sim players who make up a very tiny part of the video football market.
I don't know if you saw the thread, but Madden 10 sells are worst than 09 and 08. sales for Madden in the next gen era have been very bad, and worst this year. Every year the sales go down, so your comment about things not be able to change because of sales is not accurate.

The reason why they don't change the engine has nothing to do with sales. To get the real answer why someone from EA needs to answer that.

All we can do is speculate.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:16 AM   #4
Banned

I really hope the devs to check out the Wishlist board with regularity... it's not very popular though, so I fear that they don't, but really... there are some great (and achievable) ideas over there.

Please, EA
Old 09-19-2009, 08:37 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

EA knows what need to be done, Ian said it himself on the blog. they're just frustrated with the limitation of this engine (the David Ortiz creation... sexy sexy). i truely wonder if 2k guys had a crack at it, would they make a better game. just a thought...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

They do take a look at wish list threads.

Last year, Ian started one in the main room and before Madden went gold, it was noted about 90% of what was wished made it into the game.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:45 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
They do take a look at wish list threads.

Last year, Ian started one in the main room and before Madden went gold, it was noted about 90% of what was wished made it into the game.
That last 10% must of been gameplay wishes.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:09 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

I will never forgive the OS community for deciding that presentation trumps gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »