Home

32 team offline franchise experience

This is a discussion on 32 team offline franchise experience within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
32 team offline franchise experience

I am thinking about starting a offline franchise where I will run all 32 teams. Am I about to get in over my head? What are the experiences of those of you who have tried this? I want a realistic franchise mode, and the CPU AI is a little buggy at times. Please let me know what I can expect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 02:21 PM   #2
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: 32 team offline franchise experience

Search for this you will find a few threads on discussing this. I will say I recently did it, and once I got it going I like it much better than just having my one team. You can make a lot better choices for all the teams and keep the players they should be keeping and so on. Ya its more work but it is much better play. The biggest thing is modifing the coaching schemes to more realistic blitzing. I didn't change my sliders one bit , I just modified the coaching schemes of all the teams and my games got a lot closer even losing games I never lost before. The pass defense for the CPU is so much better when they dont blitz every down.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Hello! welcome to online shop www.shoes-trader.com

It's the only way to run offline franchise, and it's actually pretty easy. One thing I can't stress enough is to take your time and enjoy the league. Play big time match ups. Set smoe goals for yourself, like playing all the Monday Night Football games and Sunday Night Games. Play division race games, where both teams are going to the wire.

The best part of running of 32 teams is during the free agent signing period and during the draft. It's great cause you can mold the league and keep it as realistic as possible. No bogus trades were you take advantage of the computer and the computer will no longer make dumb mistakes.

I love it, and honestly its really the only to play offline. Any questions feel free to ask me.

NFL Awards & Accomplishments: 2008 Pro-Bowl , Texans Single Season Sack Record,
Old 09-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIsMVDP
It's the only way to run offline franchise, and it's actually pretty easy. One thing I can't stress enough is to take your time and enjoy the league. Play big time match ups. Set smoe goals for yourself, like playing all the Monday Night Football games and Sunday Night Games. Play division race games, where both teams are going to the wire.

The best part of running of 32 teams is during the free agent signing period and during the draft. It's great cause you can mold the league and keep it as realistic as possible. No bogus trades were you take advantage of the computer and the computer will no longer make dumb mistakes.

I love it, and honestly its really the only to play offline. Any questions feel free to ask me.
I assume you are a Texans fan, is it hard to allow other teams to draft a player that you wanted on the Texans, or sign a free agent that you would like see play for the Texans? How do you work it out with the draft and free agency? I want to play as the Cowboys, and build them into a dynasty again, but I want it to be fair for all the teams. And I am overwhelmed by the thought of making all the personal decisions for all 32 teams. But that is my favorite part of franchise mode, the running of the organization.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by llpp5
delete
This did not answer nor pertain to the question at hand.

Last edited by 23; 09-15-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

I am still trying to get CPU aggression working right but other than that I am very happy with running 32 teams.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #7
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Not much work at all. Just set the "Franchise Options" to CPU/User as much as you wish. Want a lot of control, set it to User for most items.

I set the CPU to manage everything except "my" team. I do the entire first round of the draft and then sim all picks but mine.

I do a couple roster/depth chart moves for the other teams and it's great to have the ability to step in and fix bad AI moves.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:55 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Drafting every player gets annoying, but otherwise... wait signing every free agent is annoying too.

THat said its ok. I just personally lack the time and patience for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »