Home

The M11 Cycle

This is a discussion on The M11 Cycle within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2009, 04:37 PM   #9
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: The M11 Cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Im not debating what you guys are saying, no where did I say the whole team is off working on M10 right now.

Clearly the issues with M10 need to be addressed though, I would assume that key game designers would play a big part in ensuring outstanding issues are corrected. After all you can have 30 people working on it, but the work is really reflected toward the big 5 or 6 guys. I guess it boils down to personal pride in a task.

By patching the game, EA is admitting to gameplay issues. Gameplay issues were not the sole point in the first patch.

It will be almost 2 months (based on the current time frame) before we have what EA would deem a "playable" version of the game. With the game having such a limited shelf life, I just wondering how many of you were a bit angry about this. Certainly M11 wont be any cheaper and we wont be getting a partial refund on M10.

Regardless of this being common place with games or not, personally I am not finding 2 months to get the game deemed "fixed" by EA acceptable when the self life is only 12.

Games get released with bugs and glitches, thats part of having time constraints. At some point you have to go gold and deal with the rest. However, poor planning on EA's part shouldn't void gamers of 2 months with a sub par product.
Almost all games have patch updates. That is the luxury of today's gaming technology. Lets not blame EA for having to patch certain aspects of the game because most of the fixes, especially in patch 1, were already planned to be included in the game, but it was uncertain whether or not the fixes made it in, given the time that they were implemented which were in the late stages of the game's development cycle. The game isn't entirely broken, but there are a few things that need to be fixed and most of them will hopefully be fixed soon. As a consumer, I'm not getting furious at a company for not releasing a 100% finalized version of the game because I know that in time, most of the issues will be fixed well before the year is over. To me, the game is still a fun game in its current state, but like many others, I would love for most of the issues to be addressed soon.
Madden almost always has patch updates throughout the year and I'm sure that the teams working on them are aware of the issues and are able to fix them. I certainly won't lose any sleep over exactly who is working on the patch updates and how much "shelf time" will be lost of Madden 10.

Last edited by MattIntellect; 09-15-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #10
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Yet it happens IN EVERY SINGLE SPORTS GAME. EA Games are not exclusive in this. Oh but wait. Madden is the worst sports game ever and the devs don't do their jobs.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 21

Lionsfan, show me where I said that this is exclusively to EA, add something constructive or back your statements up, anything else is just trolling or trying to get a thread locked.

Like I said Matt, I get time constraints effecting the retail version of the game. My issue is long lists of glitches and bugs, with no real assurance of being fixed in a patch. Many of which are overflow from years past.

Another big concern is issues that are new to EA. For example, the ball going through players bodies. Ian came out and said that players had "physical boundaries and constraints" and that the ball passing through anything less that toes or finger tips was not possible. I think we all know that's not true. How do you begin to ask a lower tier worker to fix something a lead designer was unaware of or thought impossible?

Im not losing sleep over this either, but you know it is frustrating. A company to produce a complete working package 2 months after purchase, in any market place, doenst seem like alot to ask.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 09-15-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 04:55 PM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

As I've said before, I don't have a sports game on NG that hasn't been patched.

Patch #2 for Madden 08 came out in November. That fixed the fatigue and fumble issues.

NBA 2k has a very extensive patch list and they take a few months to address the concerns of the community.

I would think the engineers are working on the patch while Ian, Phil and others are scheming for 11 and being the go to guys for the patch.

The first patch was out last year withing days because they had the same issues as NCAA did and could patch that based on NCAA. Gameplay issues take time to fix, wouldn't you agree, especially if it's an extensive list.

Last edited by roadman; 09-15-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:58 PM   #13
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

Quote:
Show me where I said that this is exclusively to EA Lions fan, add something constructive or back your statements up, anything else is just trolling.

Like I said Matt, I get time constraints effecting the retail version of the game. My issue is long lists of glitches and bugs, with no real assurance of being fixed in a patch. Many of which are overflow from years past.

Another big concern is issues that are new to EA. For example, the ball going through players bodies. Ian came out and said that players had "physical boundaries and constraints" and that the ball passing through anything less that toes or finger tips was not possible. I think we all know that's not true. How do you begin to ask a lower tier worker to fix something a lead designer was unaware of or thought impossible?

Im not losing sleep over this either, but you know it is frustrating. A company to produce a complete working package 2 months after purchase, in any market place, doenst seem like alot to ask.
Ian said that the ball going through players' heads do not happen in real-time. You can see it during instant replays, but it isn't happening in real-time. This has happened in Madden for many years, even in last-gen Maddens. Don't expect this to ever be patched or addressed.

Last edited by MattIntellect; 09-15-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Ian said that the ball going through players' heads do not happen in real-time. You can see it during instant replays, but it isn't happening in real-time. This has happened in Madden for many years, even in last-gen Maddens.
By posting that, I assume you regard that as true then. Any ball warping through a player is simply the replay cutting down frames to make it look that way?

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 09-15-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Odd spacing issue...
Old 09-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #15
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

Quote:
By posting that, I assume you regard that as true then. Any ball warping through a player is simply the replay cutting down frames to make it look that way?
I was only referring to your quote of Ian, but yes, I do think that most ball warps only occur in instant replays. I never saw this in real-time though. Have you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 05:18 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I was only referring to your quote of Ian, but yes, I do think that most ball warps only occur in instant replays. I never saw this in real-time though. Have you?
Well, i think its a matter of does it happen or does it not period. Ian was pretty clear about it not happening in real time. At this point I think it would be extremely ignorant, if not hypocritical of myself to say the ball warping is solely a replay issue.

At times, the ball does things in such an unrealistic fashion to get from point A to point B, it leaves you no other explanation than warping or time shifting, real time or not.

Maybe it boils down to time spent with the game. I almost hate to say this, but after 100 or so games a handful of issues really jump out at me. I have a very hard time thinking that game dev's would spend less time than that with the game.

Then again, looking over the list of things to be patched I scratch my head. Almost makes you wonder if these overflowing problems are patchable in the first place.

When I talk about losing time with the game, Im referring to not going back to M10 once M11 comes out. I dont know anybody who stopped playing M10 to go back to M09, so from a consumer standpoint 2 months waiting for a acceptable game by EA's own standards is dissapointing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »