Home

Madden should follow NBA Live's example

This is a discussion on Madden should follow NBA Live's example within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2009, 07:51 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden should follow NBA Live's example

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Nooooboddy is playing 2k5 anymore! It had its time and now M10 is the best football game to date.
They should just build on the engine they have now.

For anybody to imply they should go back to a game engine in 2004-2005 is just ludacris imo.

I'd like to see a poll on how many are still playing a football game from 4-5years ago on the next-gen console lol.
M10 is the best Madden to date, and the only football title in the present date. M10 is not the most realistic football title (like it claims) to date.
For your info, they have been building on this current Madden engine for years! This is the same engine that has been used since 06. If Madden keeps having the same problems as previous Maddens, then it looks like this engine is at its peak. Time for a new engine.
I am not implying they go back to an old engine from 04-05. You're right that would be stupid. I am saying that they go to a totally different engine, or have people in charge that fix this engine, and actually put in the improvements to make it have realistic gameplay.
You can go watch or even play an APF2K8 game, and see that it has a more realistic representation of football. Watch the animations, the way the computer calls its plays, the way the cpu combats the user when the user keeps selecting the same play. Its NOT the PERFECT realistic representation, but it has the most REALISTIC gameplay to date. Does it have everything we want in a football title? No, but the way the gameplay on the field plays so much more realistic and better than Madden.

You're right there are more people playing M10 more than any other football title right now, but that's because M10 is the only present football title available. People play this game because simply, it is the only NFL game out there. That doesnt make it a good game.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #58
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden should follow NBA Live's example

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawcorp
M10 is the best Madden to date, and the only football title in the present date. M10 is not the most realistic football title (like it claims) to date.
For your info, they have been building on this current Madden engine for years! This is the same engine that has been used since 06. If Madden keeps having the same problems as previous Maddens, then it looks like this engine is at its peak. Time for a new engine.
I am not implying they go back to an old engine from 04-05. You're right that would be stupid. I am saying that they go to a totally different engine, or have people in charge that fix this engine, and actually put in the improvements to make it have realistic gameplay.
You can go watch or even play an APF2K8 game, and see that it has a more realistic representation of football. Watch the animations, the way the computer calls its plays, the way the cpu combats the user when the user keeps selecting the same play. Its NOT the PERFECT realistic representation, but it has the most REALISTIC gameplay to date. Does it have everything we want in a football title? No, but the way the gameplay on the field plays so much more realistic and better than Madden.

You're right there are more people playing M10 more than any other football title right now, but that's because M10 is the only present football title available. People play this game because simply, it is the only NFL game out there. That doesnt make it a good game.
Good points on the game engine. I think its time to produce an engine specifically for the next-gen systems(ie. euphoria). I don't know if that means canning the current one or not. I'm not behind closed doors, so to speak.

I'm all for getting the makers of ESPN 2k5, Backbreaker, Madden on PS2, guys from Japan or whoever else has the ability to put together a "next-gen football gaming engine".

Put all these guys in a production room and let them figure out this whole " Sim football gaming" experience.
We are still using a Port from the 360 on the PS3, thats the stuff that irks me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »