Home

U.S. Madden Launch Month Sales 2002-2009

This is a discussion on U.S. Madden Launch Month Sales 2002-2009 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2009, 10:47 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: U.S. Madden Launch Month Sales 2002-2009

Hey guys..i wanted to post some raw figures to get a better understanding of the numbers in the chart... i gotta get going on a day of fishing today at Lake Wisconsin but here are some raw figures for you guys to gobble up..

Now keep in mind, NPD is the most accurate sales database out there, alot of people use VGcharts and little do they know how off they really are..this has been a well known thing amongst the hardcore gaming community such as neogaf forums,etc for a long time now...

Anyways, lets see how madden has done .. also note that NPD obviously has a start date and a cut off date with their monthly sales, ..infact, Madden's sales numbers are missing about 6-8 days from a real full month (cant remember the exact cut off dates) of sales statistics but its missing about that i know from what was said in the thread at neogaf. So you can say madden's sales for the first month sales are missing around a week worth of sales....considering what it raked in..it probably would of surpassed 1 million..we'll know next month for sure..give or take some numbers, Madden 10 is doing quite well considering how crappy it was last year, considering our economy,etc..factor that in and it proves exactly my point of this thread..

Lets see the numbers...Again, VGCharts is crap, let me say it again NPD is by far way more accurate...i would have thought most of you guys knew this..apparently not.

NPD:
Madden NFL 10 (360) Electronic Arts 928,000 (3 weeks)
Madden NFL 10 (PS3) Electronic Arts 665,000 (3 weeks)

VGCharts: (SEE HOW OFF VGCHARTS REALLY ARE?)
Madden NFL 10 X360 Electronic Arts 799,641
Actually i dont know vgcharts cut off time if they even have one..

....anyways, below are previous years for 1st month sales

From previous years NPD Sales

Madden NFL 2009 X360 913,243 (Note: full 4 weeks unlike M10 figures)
Madden NFL 2009 PS3 424,500 (Note: full 4 weeks unlike M10 figures)

Madden NFL 08 (Xbox 360) - 896,600 (Note: full 4 weeks unlike M10 figures)
Madden NFL 08 (PS3) - 336,200 (Note: full 4 weeks unlike M10 figures)

KEEP IN MIND M08/M09 figures are a full 4 weeks, M10 figures are 3 weeks..IMPORTANT: also i didnt mention which i should of..that the chart reflects an average of sales for that missing week for Madden10..it was added on an average basis if madden10 had that extra 7 days or so of sales ..i apologize for not making myself clearer on that. Also the initial sales of 09 were off for the first month..although this was not caught until late oct ..google it or look at neogaf for proof of that..it was initially 1 million which was wrong later on in oct08 is when the error was found.

Now i hope you guys understand my entire point of posting the chart as it reflects the sales within the bars...YES i would of been better off using raw numbers but hey..no one is perfect and didnt expect so many to go into the "huh?" mode lol and im just so use to these charts that i didnt think about how it may confuse some of ya in here..although some of you are quick to jump down a person's throat before knowing what the real deal is....whew, my goodness, no wonder why Ian gets stressed, i felt the rush of asswipes for a quick second

Peace, time to go fishing with my pops

Last edited by Moegames; 09-18-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 10:54 AM   #26
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

This furthers my belief that people will use statistics however they want.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #27
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Nobody said the guy was wrong nor is it over my head, I read sales charts on a routine basis for my job. That chart in no way, shape, or form shows the total number of units sold. Zip, zilch, nada. That chart only shows what percentage of Madden's total units sold each console makes up.

Show me on that chart where its telling the person reading it the total number of units sold. Go ahead, I'll wait.

There is no possible way to determine the number of units sold viewing that chart. All one can do is determine which console represents the greatest number of units sold in relation to the total number of units sold.

A chart that is showing the breakdown of total units sold by percentage in regards to outlets, cannot possibly tell the sales trends of whether or not sales of a particular item are increasing or decreasing.

If they sold 1 million units in 2002 and then 5 million units in 2006 and then 3 million units in 2009, you would never know viewing that chart, because all its going to do is show you is which percentage of those units sold was made up by each individual console. And again, in that regard, that chart is not a true representative because its omitting some of the consoles that Madden is sold on.
ahahahahahahaha this chart is terrible. well put CB.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:14 AM   #28
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
ahahahahahahaha this chart is terrible. well put CB.
The chart isn't terrible. It shows informative data. It's Moe's interpretation of what the chart is saying that's terrible.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #29
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames

Now i hope you guys understand my entire point of posting the chart as it reflects the sales within the bars...YES i would of been better off using raw numbers but hey..no one is perfect and didnt expect so many to go into the "huh?" mode lol and im just so use to these charts that i didnt think about how it may confuse some of ya in here..although some of you are quick to jump down a person's throat before knowing what the real deal is....whew, my goodness, no wonder why Ian gets stressed, i felt the rush of asswipes for a quick second
Call me an asswipe all you want, the reason for the "huh" responses was due to your ignorance on exactly what information the chart was relaying vs what you thought it was relaying.

And the reason you were met with "resistance" is due to you putting out a "misinformative" chart to try and backup facts that you wanted to present. And then when people disagree, and rightfully so, about the information the chart is relaying vs what you are saying its relaying, you try to present the fact that the chart is "over people's heads", thus insulting one's intelligence.

Peace, and have a good time fishing.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 09-18-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #30
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Wow. Now I know why tigers eat their young.
OMG good one. This made me laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Nobody said the guy was wrong nor is it over my head, I read sales charts on a routine basis for my job. That chart in no way, shape, or form shows the total number of units sold. Zip, zilch, nada. That chart only shows what percentage of Madden's total units sold each console makes up.

Show me on that chart where its telling the person reading it the total number of units sold. Go ahead, I'll wait.

There is no possible way to determine the number of units sold viewing that chart. All one can do is determine which console represents the greatest number of units sold in relation to the total number of units sold.

A chart that is showing the breakdown of total units sold by percentage in regards to outlets, cannot possibly tell the sales trends of whether or not sales of a particular item are increasing or decreasing.

If they sold 1 million units in 2002 and then 5 million units in 2006 and then 3 million units in 2009, you would never know viewing that chart, because all its going to do is show you is which percentage of those units sold was made up by each individual console. And again, in that regard, that chart is not a true representative because its omitting some of the consoles that Madden is sold on.
Country boy great breakdown, and I definitely learned a thing from this.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

glad I'm not the only one who sees little value in this chart...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 49

I cant believe this original poster cant see what everyone else is saying. Its one thing to make a mistake, we all do. Its another to be completely blinded. This chart shows nothing but % of which consoles are selling more or less from one another. Unbelievable.

Who cares what Maddens sales are doing? Despite being the best Madden ever, its not where it should be, and I find it boring.

Last edited by wheelman990; 09-18-2009 at 11:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »