Home

Can't call timeout, time runs out and I lose.

This is a discussion on Can't call timeout, time runs out and I lose. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2009, 03:42 PM   #9
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Can't call timeout, time runs out and I lose.

Reyes good pt with the hlding calls this year u cant wait till the last second anymore becasue u never know. Iv had it happen to me where i had to press select 2 3 times before the timeout is called. I guess it could be similiar to a coach trying to find a ref to call a time out and a few seconds running off the clock idk

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 09-18-2009, 04:54 PM   #10
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Normally I would agree with this, but with all the holding calls on FGs you are better off kicking with a few second left on the clock that way if there is a holding call the game doesn't end and you will get a chance to rekick
That's a good point, I'm going to think about this the next time I have to kick a last second field goal.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_president
i have had this happen before in madden 10 as well as in past maddens. when it happened to me this year in madden 10 sadly i knew what to do. you have to pause the game and call a TO from the menu screen. every time this happens i use this method and it works for me...hope this helps.
+1

For about the last 10 years, I don't use select to call timeouts when the game is on the line...I press start and use the menu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

This is definitely a bug in the game. It happened to a friend against me online with the ability to kick a field goal before halftime, and select didn't work. Its also happened to me a couple of times. Another bug that we have experienced, but doesn't get publicized like the others and probably won't get fixed.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:13 PM   #13
MVP

Trevelyan's Arena

OVR: 5

I remember it happening with more frequency in past years, but it has happened to me once this year, I threw a pass to get me into FG range, and with 5 seconds left on the clock it wouldn't let me pause or call a timeout and the game ended. Its the worst feeling in the world because just like the back to back holding calls on FG's, you feel totally cheated.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:16 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 9

stuff like this makes me miss Madden on the Sega Genesis and Playstation 2.

The simplicity in those games made it amazing. With all the bright lights and bells and whistles now, there are so many screw ups.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:34 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

I had a different timeout issue.

I scored with about a minute left in the game with all 3 timeouts left, and I was down 2 scores. My WR was hurt on the touchdown pass and it cost me one of my timeouts. I didn't realize this and kicked the ball deep thinking I had all 3 left to try and stop the offense, but I couldn't stop the clock after 3rd down.

I don't believe you are charged a timeout after a player is injured and the clock is already stopped but I could be wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 07:28 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 24

No,you shouldn't lose a timeout due to an injury.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »