Home

Try These Sliders and...

This is a discussion on Try These Sliders and... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 04:44 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Try These Sliders and...

I tried the sliders. Here's what I noticed:

- CPU attempts more deep passes.
- On D I can't just bump and run, or I get burned deep. That means passes deep, rather than short passes that go deep when someone breaks a tackle.
- LBs getting more tackles because my line men don't come off blocks as easily.
- Seems like the flats are covered better. Defenders more often than not run to cover the flats, or if two are on a WR who is going deep, one stays behind if there's someone running to the sideline for a catch.
- My passes go way way off...half the time the QB throws into the ground.
- I have a chance of completing deep passes.
- I have to pay more attention to staying in the pocket or scrambling to an open area.
- When running I have to be careful to follow blocks.
- Looks like kickoff returns will be harder.
- Seems like fumbles happen a little to often..I fumble almost every other carry if running.

I tried toning it down a but to 17 18 18 18 on my sliders, because all my linemen were getting pancaked every play, I was fumbling too often, and QB passes were flying way off target.

But it looks like these settings make for a better game, at least for me.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:53 PM   #10
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

I thought I would give these a try.. and they actually worked better than I expected them to.. I lost 36 - 6 using the Buccaneers Vs. Cowboys... (so I definitely SHOULD have lost) ... The game felt great overall... I couldn't really do too much offensively... but at the same time it didn't seem to hard.. just felt like I needed to play better or have better players really....

Two main things I'm going to change and then try another game: too many fumbles, so I will change the sub-slider for fumbles for both teams.. and there were too many drops I think.. my team had 9 and the Cowboys had 7... Overall though the total yards and everything were great... (can't remember exact number, but it was like 337 - 240 or so)..

ALSO: I play on SLOW with 14 minute quarters and 25 sec. runoff instead of what the OP is using... And my speed threshold is at 45...
Old 09-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #11
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tball-sliders/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2009, 05:08 PM   #12
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
thanks bud...
Old 09-19-2009, 05:17 PM   #13
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
and tell me what you think?...

Player Skills:
passing:18
rushing:20
pass def:20
rush def:20

cpu skills:
EVERYTHING at 5

gameplay option:
game speed: normal
threshold: 50
12min, 15 acc clock

tell me what type of game you guys get...
from the response in here sounds like you might be onto something. Good Luck with that, and hopefully with a few more tuning the game will be enjoyable.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #14
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

Ya I mean with these sliders the game has a totally different feel from my own personal slider set.. (very defense heavy)... It feels like a more wide - open gameplay style with these... but at the same time, the yards and points stay down.. it's kind of weird how it all works... but i'm up 14 - 6 at halftime right now using the Titans Vs. Steelers.. and I only have 14 because I had a pick 6 with Finnegan... I have like 64 yards so far in the first half vs. the steelers... which is good that a dominant defense is still dominant...

One thing I do love about these so far is that (like someone else said) you can't just press on D every play... you WILL get burnt deep if you don't have safety help over the top and you don't have a very good corner...

I will play a few games with these to test them out.. but I MAY have to restart my franchise and use a version of these sliders...

Also because the blocking sliders are down a bit.. the defenses really seem to swarm to the ball.. which is good to see... but it's not impossible to run either... which is an interesting balance...
Old 09-19-2009, 05:25 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 17

I don't suffer from the fumles because I use the cover button early and often. You may wanna go into practice and learn the different touch with these sliders for lead passing. You'll be rewarded more for planting and throwing the ball. I'll have to look into the o-line getting floored, from what I recall that wasn't the case. Aside fro
that. Looks like these sliders will keep me occupied til the patch is out. Continue to test these out and keep the feedbacks coming...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2009, 05:32 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 17

The game is very wide open Outzikast. That's what I enjoy most about it. Any given play something big could happen. You may wanna go into practice mode to get use to these for both off and defense...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »