Home

The way to play franchise mode

This is a discussion on The way to play franchise mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: The way to play franchise mode

Can you adjust man vs zone tendencies?

I hate seeing teams with tampa 2 style CB's coming out in man 1 or zero coverage, and inviting themselves to get roasted.

I love this idea..iot may require studying the roster ratings a bit more, but I think it is well worth the effort.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Can you adjust man vs zone tendencies?

I hate seeing teams with tampa 2 style CB's coming out in man 1 or zero coverage, and inviting themselves to get roasted.

I love this idea..iot may require studying the roster ratings a bit more, but I think it is well worth the effort.
Sorry but I have not seen any way to adjust man vs. zone tendencies.
And why do you say it would require more studying of roster ratings? I dont even look at ratings.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Sorry but I have not seen any way to adjust man vs. zone tendencies.
And why do you say it would require more studying of roster ratings? I dont even look at ratings.

What I mean, is that if im going to tinker with a team's style of play, I'd want to take a look at the strengths of the team and have them play in a way that takes advant age of them.

If 'm looking at a team with a bunch of CBs rated in the 70's for man coverage..i dont want them coming out in man coverage very often.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can you "un-own" teams?

In other words, could this get you around the trade issue? You simply unown the team during the off-season, then switch back to owning them (but still having them run by the comp)?
Old 09-28-2009, 07:34 PM   #61
MVP

Absolutely fabulous, and very fun.

using these along with a good 15 min qtr slider set (clock run off of course).

Will post stats from a game in a few..im still playing week 1 games, because I love the variance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 36

I also reccomend using DanSFs team sliders. It is annoying to reset sliders every game but you get some great games. I also may re-rate the offensive run vs. Pass slider. On 70 they pass way too much. 60 would be the highest, for the Pats and Cards. I have stopped playing madden waiting for the second patch and franchise stats being fixed and waiting for 2k10.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #63
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
how do you get the cpu to draft for you?
You can go to Franchise Options and Set the options to either user or CPU for Depth Charts, Re-Sign Players, Free Agents, Sign Draft Picks and Fill roster. If you press R1 (PS3), you can change your teams and set any of those to CPU if you want.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1

concerning draft day trades (of picks). i noticed that if you are controlling all teams during the draft there aren't any trades. however, if press 'Y' (360) during a team's pick it takes you the trade page. in some cases the trade page will be pre-populated with a trade from a team trying to trade up to that current pick. you will only see this if you go to the trade page during a pick. i'm not sure what the logic is behind the trade, i.e. i don't know when/why a team wants to trade up. you just have to check during each pick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »