Home

Please can someone give me some advice

This is a discussion on Please can someone give me some advice within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2009, 11:47 PM   #1
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Please can someone give me some advice

Now honestly other than my Online Franchise I don't play online...But I'm still a little concerned...

I have a....ehhhhhh roommate who gets on my Xboxlive account and play games online...He might be the most CHEESIEST, DNF player ever...EVER! (the dude quits anytime he's 2 scores down) I sometimes log onto my account and have like 3 messages from ppl writing me telling me how much I suck and should never play another game...

I played him 2 times before and he is truly that player you never want to play with again, So I can understand peoples frustration online, Now my problem is I don't know how to prevent him from using my account, Since xbox live doesn't have a password he just logs on and play under my gamertag...I have so many dnf's and losses on my record it's pathetic!

I heard everytime he logs on now no one accepts his game request, But even tho I don't play online I don't want my gamertag having that rep, I might one day want to...Or might join another league and when they see my record I'm screwed...Does anyone have any advice.

* I can't just tell him not to do it because he's like a guest and the other roommates wud frown on me for doing that...Considering it technically is all of our xbox
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 11:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Please can someone give me some advice

Second XBL account FTW
Old 09-21-2009, 11:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

You can put a password on your gamertag. I did it so my son couldnt use my profile. I may be wrong but I would think this would solve your problem wouldn't it?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:06 AM   #4
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyDunc
You can put a password on your gamertag. I did it so my son couldnt use my profile. I may be wrong but I would think this would solve your problem wouldn't it?
it kinda wud until he or someone else wants to play online and I have to tell them the password, I feel like I have to do stupid stuff like hide the game and tell him I let someone borrow it but then it disrupts when I want to play...I mean its just a game so I'm not going to commit suicide but idk, I just don't like it...
Old 09-22-2009, 12:57 AM   #5
Rookie

I had the same problem so I saved my cash and bought my own 360 that may be a little drastic but I was moving out soon anyway
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 01:38 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 11

"I can't just tell him not to do it because he's like a guest and the other roommates wud frown on me for doing that..."

Grow a backbone. Of course you can tell him not to do it. He's abused the privilege of using your account. Cut him off.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:44 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjccommish
"I can't just tell him not to do it because he's like a guest and the other roommates wud frown on me for doing that..."

Grow a backbone. Of course you can tell him not to do it. He's abused the privilege of using your account. Cut him off.
This. He's messing up your reputation on XBL - you have every right to tell him to get his own account. It really comes down to how concerned you are about that reputation.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:05 AM   #8
Rookie

yeah man, i agree it would be one thing if he was jus losing games and playin it out like a man, but if he jus quits, **** that you should tell him to either create his own account or stop using yours

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »