Home

Ridiculous contracts in Franchise mode (possible draft spoiler)

This is a discussion on Ridiculous contracts in Franchise mode (possible draft spoiler) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ridiculous contracts in Franchise mode (possible draft spoiler)

The problem with letting the CPU sign your picks is that your late round rookies will get 1 year deals, and you never have enough cheap labor on your team.

Round 1 guys should sign 5 or 6 years deals based on where they are drafted not on their overall.

Round 2 guys should sign 4 year deals.

Everyone else should sign 3 year deal. I try to sign my guys to 4 year deals because Madden doesn't have RFA in franchise mode any more.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:21 AM   #18
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
So, I got the
Spoiler
draft in my Cowboys Franchise and had to let go of Tony Romo the previous offseason due to salary cap issues, so I figured I would trade up to get the #3 overall pick to draft him. I had two 1st round picks (from the Romo trade), so I traded my 1st rounder and 2nd rounder to move up and draft Reno.

I went to sign him, and he wouldn't take anything less than the max contract I could offer him. I had to sign him to a 7-year, $112 Million deal, which is absolutely insane for a rookie QB, even a top 5 pick.

Next time try a 3 year deal instead of the default 5 year deal. I have had a lot more success that way.

I find the contract's realistic. It was waaaayyy too easy to sign tons of studs in the past.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:23 AM   #19
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbmuskie
The problem with letting the CPU sign your picks is that your late round rookies will get 1 year deals, and you never have enough cheap labor on your team.

Round 1 guys should sign 5 or 6 years deals based on where they are drafted not on their overall.

Round 2 guys should sign 4 year deals.

Everyone else should sign 3 year deal. I try to sign my guys to 4 year deals because Madden doesn't have RFA in franchise mode any more.
Easy fix!

Sign all the late round picks yourself, then go to player management and release the draft picks you don't want and head to franchise options and select the CPU to sign the remaining draft picks and sim. That way the CPU will sign the first and second round guys for pennies compared to what you have to pay.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:28 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
Easy fix!

Sign all the late round picks yourself, then go to player management and release the draft picks you don't want and head to franchise options and select the CPU to sign the remaining draft picks and sim. That way the CPU will sign the first and second round guys for pennies compared to what you have to pay.

I should have figured that one out on my own.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:32 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

why are people complaining about this like its broken?

NEWS FLASH: TOP DRAFT PICKS WILL ALWAYS HOLD OUT FOR MORE MONEY!

micheal crabtree hasnt even signed with the 49ers cos he doesnt feel the offer is high enough.

we've seen stuff like this happen all the time in real life.

once u get past the 1st round the rookie contracts are ridiculously cheap... just like they are in real life as well. most 2nd day draft picks will sign without bonus money. the lower picks will even go for the minimum salary.

a CB i drafted 2nd overall (deandres miles or something) wouldnt sign unless i boosted the contract up heaps. just like a real team would have to in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 10:53 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyNutman

NEWS FLASH: TOP DRAFT PICKS WILL ALWAYS HOLD OUT FOR MORE MONEY!

micheal crabtree hasnt even signed with the 49ers cos he doesnt feel the offer is high enough.

we've seen stuff like this happen all the time in real life.

once u get past the 1st round the rookie contracts are ridiculously cheap... just like they are in real life as well. most 2nd day draft picks will sign without bonus money. the lower picks will even go for the minimum salary.

a CB i drafted 2nd overall (deandres miles or something) wouldnt sign unless i boosted the contract up heaps. just like a real team would have to in real life.
The only thing I feel is broken about it is that if you choose to not pay the high asking price they don't re-enter the draft, nor can you trade their rights to another team. One of the other cpu teams just signs the guy for the minimum.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #23
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyNutman
Because you would have to offer, say, a 3 year $15M contract to a free agent or rookie to sign him, but the CPU is able to sign the same player cheaper than you are able to. If the CPU is getting an unfair advantage in signing players, then it's broken!

Try it yourself.

#1 Sim games in franchise mode until you get a warning about not having enough active players at a position.

#2 Go to free agency and try and enter contract negotiations with the top three players at that position - don't sign them, but look at what they are demanding.

#3 Go back and try to sim the game and when the warning comes again, let the CPU sign that position. Then look at the bargain the CPU was able to get.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #24
Rookie

I've only played a year of my franchise, so I don't have much data to base this idea off of. Based on what I have see you can sign free agents to the contract demands shown on the main screen, if your team can offer them what their profiled indicates they want in a new team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »