Home

MIKE DITKA FOOTBALL

This is a discussion on MIKE DITKA FOOTBALL within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2009, 07:27 AM   #9
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MIKE DITKA FOOTBALL

Why, so the 2kFans that are still bitter can whine about there being 2 bad EA games?

Why would EA want to make 2 games that compete with each other? If they put out 2 NFL games, they're going to be catered to different markets, they're not going to compete with each other. NFL Street sure as heck wasn't meant to compete against Madden, and neither was Head Coach - they were both aimed at different styles of gamer.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 9

Why the heck not? Everyone liked competition, everyone liked their being two different football games, so why doesn't EA go that route - it would be very good money on their behalf. They did it back in the day with Joe Montana Football and John Madden Football, both expressed football - and if people like variety, they would buy both Ditka Football and Madden Football.

imagine the features that could come with the game. All-Ditka vs All-Madden. you can import the game into the other game and see Ditka or Madden on the sidelines as the coach. Who is the real FOOTBALL GURU! that would be a huge marketing strategy and Ditka, even though they are EA could have a chance to take the Madden throne. it is given the people a choice, what we all want so why doesn't EA just create the competition within their company?

edit: or if not Ditka... BILL PARCELLS FOOTBALL anyone?
Old 09-23-2009, 10:23 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlaidher
mike ditka football wasnt for the saturn, and that was the crappiest game ever god i hated it lol.
Oh yeah, that was probably the worst football game outside of the Quarterback Club franchise. My brother and I bought it because we are huge Bears homers, and after one game we felt like Bart Simpson after a week at Kamp Krusty.

Two football games is not a crazy idea, but EA would not make a Madden game and then a Ditka game that's a lot like Madden. They only do that sort of thing when they go the full-arcade version route.

Also, Joe Montana was a Sega Sports game, not an EA game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 10:28 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

EA has no need to make two SIM pro football games. The only way you would ever see this happen is if they release a CFL game.

Which is highly unlikely.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:36 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
EA has no need to make two SIM pro football games. The only way you would ever see this happen is if they release a CFL game.

Which is highly unlikely.
This really only becomes a problem when they make one truly sim game
Old 09-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 24

I've mentioned this before. A two-disc set for Madden. One titled "Arcade" (self-explanatory) and one labeled "Simulation".

Think Gran Turismo for PS2. This way, all players have a choice what style they want to play. Beginners and hardcore players alike.

As for the competition within idea, not bad.

I seem to remember a similar thing being done a few years ago. There was Madden NFL, and Madden Football. The latter had phony teams (I can remember the Miami Waves!) and no player names, just numbers.

Last edited by Segagendude; 09-23-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I've mentioned this before. A two-disc set for Madden. One titled "Arcade" (self-explanatory) and one labeled "Simulation".

Think Gran Turismo for PS2. This way, all players have a choice what style they want to play. Beginners and hardcore players alike.

As for the competition within idea, not bad.

I seem to remember a similar thing being done a few years ago. There was Madden NFL, and Madden Football. The latter had phony teams (I can remember the Miami Waves!) and no player names, just numbers.
not bad but, dont you think they would charge more? they did last yr with the madden and head coach combo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 12:23 PM   #16
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

There's no way. This would a stupid thing for EA to do. They'd be taking business away from themselves. The only people who would but Ditka would be people who already buy Madden, and then most those people aren't buying Madden anymore. So EA really isn't making money off this. In fact, they'd almost certainly lose money. And typically, a company tries to avoid doing that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »