Home

No momentum/physics in Madden 10 - Just for fun :)

This is a discussion on No momentum/physics in Madden 10 - Just for fun :) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2009, 05:56 PM   #9
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: No momentum/physics in Madden 10 - Just for fun :)

I'm a bit amazed and baffled at how people are able to read thing in my post that I didn't write.

I am not blaming anyone. I am not shocked, mad or confused by the outcome. I am not unable to figure out how the rating system works. I am simply pointing out that very simple and basic physics are not present in the game engine, and that it looks odd.

That being said, this game is being promoted at football simulation - and when you don't have basic elements of physics in a simulation game, things turn weird. As the golfer explains in a post above, ratings are given from a linear principle, where a slow guy get a low speed rating and a fast guy gets a high speed rating etc. However, that has nothing to do with physics, which should be able to find its way into this game, as it is one of the core elements of football. Especially if you want to label it as simulation.

Another example of physics in the Madden engine could be, if a 5'8" CB with 90 jump rating should be able to out-jump a 6'4" WR with 75 in jump rating? According to the logic presented above the ratings indicate "yes!", but physics says "wait a minute!"

Again, this is just for fun and you should put too much emphasis in it.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
I'm a bit amazed and baffled at how people are able to read thing in my post that I didn't write.

I am not blaming anyone. I am not shocked, mad or confused by the outcome. I am not unable to figure out how the rating system works. I am simply pointing out that very simple and basic physics are not present in the game engine, and that it looks odd.

That being said, this game is being promoted at football simulation - and when you don't have basic elements of physics in a simulation game, things turn weird. As the golfer explains in a post above, ratings are given from a linear principle, where a slow guy get a low speed rating and a fast guy gets a high speed rating etc. However, that has nothing to do with physics, which should be able to find its way into this game, as it is one of the core elements of football. Especially if you want to label it as simulation.
Physics are present in the game, and are described by the player ratings system.

Quote:
Another example of physics in the Madden engine could be, if a 5'8" CB with 90 jump rating should be able to out-jump a 6'4" WR with 75 in jump rating? According to the logic presented above the ratings indicate "yes!", but physics says "wait a minute!"
That depends how you measure the height of the jump. In game, the rating dictates how high from the ground the players feet get. You have to add the players height to this to determine how high he can get his hands. The player with the higher jump rating gets further from the ground. The taller player may still be able to get his hands higher.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #11
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
What I want to try next:
I'm going to take some of the shortest and lightest players in the game and convert them into a solid OL, giving them outstanding strength and blocking abilities and see how well they handle an attacking front 7, say, Pittsburgh or Ravens. I suspect that it will produce that same results as I found above, and that the small players will preform excellent.
Look at the lowlights video thread. Someone already moved Welker, Galloway, Kicker and Punter to the OL WITHOUT CHANGING THEIR RATINGS and they still dominated. The game is broken.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/354726-official-madden-video-lowlights-glitch-thread-3.html#post2040138924

Go to the 22nd post.

Last edited by sois; 09-23-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »