Home

Patrick Willis or Nnamdi Asomugha?

This is a discussion on Patrick Willis or Nnamdi Asomugha? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Patrick Willis or Nnamdi Asomugha?

I can do either of the following trades in my Cardinals franchise...

Cardinals
Kurt Warner
KC 2nd rd
Det 3rd rd

49ers
Patrick Willis
SF 4th rd
SF 5th rd

or

Cardinals
Kurt Warner
KC 2nd rd
Det 2nd rd

Raiders
Nnamdi Asomugha
Oak 3rd rd
Oak 4th rd

Willis is 4 years younger and has a much smaller contract. Asomugha can completely shut down one side of the field. Who would you recommend and why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Patrick Willis or Nnamdi Asomugha?

If you are dead-set on trading Kurt Warner, I'd go with Patrick Willis. Smaller contract as you mention, and he's already an elite MLB, and you are giving up less to get him. That said, I'm not sure I'd be completely comfortable playing Matt Leinart.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
If you are dead-set on trading Kurt Warner, I'd go with Patrick Willis. Smaller contract as you mention, and he's already an elite MLB, and you are giving up less to get him. That said, I'm not sure I'd be completely comfortable playing Matt Leinart.
I tend to run a quick/short pass offense that allows my receivers to run after the catch. With Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Breaston in the slot it seems to works pretty well. Leinart should be fine because I won't be asking too much of him. I also prefer a stellar defense to a strong offense.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

I say niether one and keep Warner. Rogers-Cromartie progresses into the upper 90's within 2 years and Dansby into the 90's. So they both will be elite level defenders by the end of the year and you still have your elite level QB who doesn't regress until after 2 years.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:57 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Niether because it's not even close to being real. at over the hill QB for the best DB since Deion Sanders. Even more crazy is that OAK has the former #1 pick QB from 2 years ago in Jarmarcus Russell. That would never happen in all of everdome!

As for SF, no way in hell! Mike Singletary will not give up one of the top 5 defensive players in the game (and a player many are calling the next Ray Lewis) for Kurt Warner. Just won't happen.

Not only that, they are trading draft picks too! Did you not see what the bears had to give up just to get Cutler? that's the kind of trade that happens in the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamangatang2k5
Niether because it's not even close to being real.
Yeah, I was gonna go in this direction.

If you're trying to be realistic then I would say neither, because I don't think any GM in the league makes either of those trades. Potentially the two best young players at their position (MLB / CB) for a QB (no matter how good, and he's not even Top 3) that will only be around until the end of the season, maybe 2 years.

Now if the realism isn't as big of a priority then I would say ...

Asomugha because like you said, he can completely shut down one side of the field or a specific WR for you.

or

Willis if you like to control the MLB on defense because that would probably be cool to be in control of one of the best in the business.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:12 PM   #7
Rookie

strongarm_playa's Arena

OVR: 3

Nnamdi Asomugha

go raiders
Old 09-24-2009, 01:14 PM   #8
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Pitt
Yeah, I was gonna go in this direction.

If you're trying to be realistic then I would say neither, because I don't think any GM in the league makes either of those trades. Potentially the two best young players at their position (MLB / CB) for a QB (no matter how good, and he's not even Top 3) that will only be around until the end of the season, maybe 2 years.

Now if the realism isn't as big of a priority then I would say ...

Asomugha because like you said, he can completely shut down one side of the field or a specific WR for you.

or

Willis if you like to control the MLB on defense because that would probably be cool to be in control of one of the best in the business.
I usually like controlling the strong safety who in this case is Adrian Wilson. With that being the case I'm leaning towards Asomugha at the moment because I can leave him on an island out there by himself and roam with Wilson.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »