Home

Sounds of the game NFl and Madden football

This is a discussion on Sounds of the game NFl and Madden football within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 01:48 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Sounds of the game NFl and Madden football

For me, nothing says football like the sound that pads and helmet make on a big hit....C----R----A----C--K!!!!

I love it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 01:48 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

I think having team specific chants would be nice. Like for the Jets, have the crowd chant J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Also, I think the commentary needs more improvement. It's too stale and boring as it is right now.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Last edited by z Revis; 09-24-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:53 PM   #27
Rookie

A few things of the top of my melon are:

No more madden talking over the other announcers

The announcers currently say the same thing alot and many times it doesnt apply at all to what just happened on the field.

!2th man for sure is needed. I watch alot of NFL games on tv and Tennessee games are LOUD and the crowd is a factor. Probably the loudest home games ive seen in the past 3 years

Also better crowd reaction to big plays while they are happening and making the S.B. and playoffs sound/feel like an important game. They are too melow!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #28
Rookie

1.For the bucs before the opening kickoff they always play "ozzy osbourne- crazy train" BUT only the first 34 secs of it(the intro)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTsvwBkVdKw&feature=fvw

2. the chant TAMPA!!!!! coming from one side of the stadium then BAY!!!!!!!!!!!! coming from the other side.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:00 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

JETS chant as well as the Defense Air Raid Sirens need to be in for the Jets.

Commentary and situational crowd noise are the major fixes that could amp up the sound presentation.

Like another poster said, Dynamic crowd attendance would be nice. Stadium should not be filled capacity if the Home team is 3-8.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:05 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 15

I think louder crowd noise especially in certain situations like when it's 3rd down or 4th down for the opposing team, or when it's a close game and the other team has the ball and it's the 4th quarter. Also, stadium specific chants, crowd reacting to penalties, plays on the field, booing, clapping from the crowd. I don't think i've ever heard clapping from the crowd when a player gets injured and taken off the field.

Tom Hammond needs to be left out of the game. Collinsworth and Al Michaels are the best commentators on TV right now. They need to have more excitement in their voices. Maybe take lines from actual tv commentary so that it sounds more natural.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:07 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 15

oh yea, music needs to be played when there are time outs being called.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 02:07 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

Major League Baseball 2K9 at IGN.com

I know the commentary issue has been beaten to death, but this is what it should sound like in a next gen sports game.

Also, I've noticed when additional players add on to a Pro-Tak tackle it sounds like an explosion for each player.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »