Home

Are people actually buying the AFL Legacy pack?

This is a discussion on Are people actually buying the AFL Legacy pack? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Are people actually buying the AFL Legacy pack?

Quote:
What sickens me is people let this happen. We should not being paying for uniforms and cheat codes.
tell me about it. anyone buying this should have their card pulled when they start complaining about anything EA. unreal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 06:45 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
I really don't want to do this to a fellow Jets fan, but I will...

What made that disgusting is that both LIVE and NHL had all the alt uniforms in the game, out of the box...[b]But I guess that's what happens when there is another company making NBA and NHL games...[b]

I just hate it how EA will squeeze ppl blind.
NBA2K is charging $5 for Create a player (They call it COMBINE)...and they have competition. Man - all these companies nickle and dime us consumers. EA aint special.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:49 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
NBA2K is charging $5 for Create a player (They call it COMBINE)...and they have competition. Man - all these companies nickle and dime us consumers. EA aint special.
combine is strictly optional though, you can still do create a player for free in the retail game.

and combine was done before the game was released and was more to give us a taste of the new 2k. madden is already out, half the uniforms are already in the game too. not the same thing
Old 09-24-2009, 07:46 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 2

i bought every DLC from madden i really like the AFL Legacy Pack as well as bringing back 2 players from retirement ie. Brett Farve and Marvin Harrison
Old 09-24-2009, 07:57 PM   #45
Rookie

Hughey2k's Arena

OVR: 7

I have never bought a DLC in my life. I am thinking about buying this one. Not to sound crazy, but is it possible to only buy 560 points in the marketplace? Am I missing something. It looks like to me that if I want this with having 0 points right now, I will have to buy 1000 for 12.50. Is that correct or is there another way to pay on the 360?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 08:05 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mems1224

and combine was done before the game was released and was more to give us a taste of the new 2k. madden is already out, half the uniforms are already in the game too. not the same thing
They could have just given us a demo like most companies (and their competition) do. So it's ok to charge us for a glorified demo but uniforms/presentation/achivements is off limits? Same crap to me - it all stinks.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:09 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughey2k
I have never bought a DLC in my life. I am thinking about buying this one. Not to sound crazy, but is it possible to only buy 560 points in the marketplace? Am I missing something. It looks like to me that if I want this with having 0 points right now, I will have to buy 1000 for 12.50. Is that correct or is there another way to pay on the 360?
Sadly - you are correct. But the points system has always been ********.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:29 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I think EA gets unfairly singled out for this. Almost ALL developers charge for DLC, or make it exclusive to certain conditions if it's to be free at some point. It's a rapidly growing trend and it's largely based on what research tells them consumers are willing to pay for.

I agree the charging for courses in TW, for example, is shady a best, but I find it hard to fault them without a hat tip to the impulsive consumer who rushes out to buy everything that is made available...regardless of cost. As I said, other companies have capitalized on it as well, EA just has a larger library of games out at a given time, so it's more noticeable.

Guitar Hero/Rock Band are other good examples of where DLC goes crazy (those songs add up). Often times, a little patience yields some free DLC, when companies don't get the return on it they hope for.

As always, to a large extent, we dictate these actions more than we care to admit. All that said, I don't feel this DLC falls into that category, as it does add a fair portion of things that aren't standard fair. It's perfectly reasonable for others to disagree and not purchase it, of course.
I think the GH and RB song DLC is way off the mark as it pertains to this discussion. Considering the price per song...at first I thought it was a bit steep, but now that you get 4 seperate ways to play through each song (lead/bass guitar, drums, vocals) the price point seems like less of a bite. I'm guilty of having paid a lot of cash for songs but I can carry songs from RB over to RB 2, and for a fee (I think) you can also do the same for the GH series (of course only world tour & Metallica tracks carry over with the 4 ways to play).

I would really only use sports games DLC when talking about this, because if you look at games like Killzone 2, or Halo, or CoD, the maps can be used over a variety of game modes...Then you look at the courses for TW 10, and there is no way to integrate the DLC into the PGA tour, so it's online or single rounds...Shooters are strictly online, but offer more variety in gametype, and I can integrate my songs for RB into the tour mode...

When I saw 27 individual items on the PSN the week of Maddens release, I was disgusted...Just like I was with the stuff for NCAA...But at least those are a buck or 2 for the most part, and I don't see the point in paying 2 bucks so I can keep 2 players from retirement...Having 2 courses up as DLC the day before TW comes out proves that they could have been in the game, but they chose to squeeze us...Not only that, but the very same courses (of which I bought 1 for TW 09, and that was when they had it at a 33% discount as XBL 'deal of the week) they want you to pay for, again...

I don't mind paying for DLC, if it really adds to the game...And if there are more 'Madden Moments" along with some other little things, maybe I'd buy it...But I use the example of alternate uniforms in EAs football games that they wanted to put up as premium DLC, yet NBA and NHL has ALL alt unis...That's the kind of stuff that really makes me sick to my stomach with EA. Thankfully enough people were pissed that they changed it, and put it up as free, but that was MONTHS after the game released. That's the kind of stuff that leads me to hate on EA. (well, that, and they ruin development houses after they take them over...Mercs 2 anyone? Pandemic rocked, and then EA bought them, and voila, mediocre game)...I'm just hoping they don't force Mass Effect 2 to get screwed up...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »