Home

What Has Been Done to RB Slant Routes?

This is a discussion on What Has Been Done to RB Slant Routes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: What Has Been Done to RB Slant Routes?

I completely disagree with all of you guys!!!

Theres no way in hell you should be able to have 10 catch 160 yd performances with brandon jacobs and michael turner!!

The patch makes you read defenses and pass to the best RATED receivers on the field.

Reggie Bush is now much more lethal out of the backfield than the big backs.

EA did a fabulous job with this patch and i may never lose a game online again LMAO
Old 09-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
This patch is terrible, I haven't even noticed any differences other than the broadcast camera having been added.

They can list whatever the hell they want in the patch notes, but until the gameplay drastically improves, I could give a rat's behind.
No the patch has actually changed the game dramatically.

Now i agree with you guys about how its unrealistic to have the running backs run that slow, but if they weren't going to correct the db ai first then this was the next best solution and not nearly as bad as everyone is making it out to be
Old 09-25-2009, 12:24 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenp1518
I completely disagree with all of you guys!!!

Theres no way in hell you should be able to have 10 catch 160 yd performances with brandon jacobs and michael turner!!

The patch makes you read defenses and pass to the best RATED receivers on the field.

Reggie Bush is now much more lethal out of the backfield than the big backs.

EA did a fabulous job with this patch and i may never lose a game online again LMAO
So you disagree about changing the hot route vs what they have done to the slant? I don't see how changing the hot route to a wheel route will net the performance you are talking about. The patch doesn't make you read defenses any more or less than you had to before. You know if it is zone or man before or after the patch. Secondly, with the way the slant is, it is not going to cut down on the performance of the HB unless the person on D is playing man. If they play any zone, you will be able to hit that HB for 7 a pop. Just throw it well before he makes the cut underneath the hooks zones and it is an easy 7 to 8 yards. Maybe more depending on the HB's break tackle/truck.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:56 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think in the second patch they are going to give the H/B a Dachshund to walk around with...

However, while in any Gun formation you can put the Back into a slant out, send in motion and hike the ball about 1/2 a secound after sending in motion just before he starts to move, and he will run the same as before the patch...
" Sonny Liston is nothing. The man can't talk. The man can't fight. The man needs to take talking lessons. The man needs to take fighting lessons. And since he's fighting me, he needs falling lessons."

Muhammad Ali...
Old 09-25-2009, 02:32 PM   #21
Banned

what did you guys expect. They've been developing the game for less than 12 months. seemingly doing so without much game testing outside the walls of EA. It takes one game to notice the glaring problems the game has. man/zone flat coverage is number one in my book.

did you think they would cook up some magical patch at the last minute that would answer all your prayers to fix madden 10?!

of course not.
you got band aids and any adjustments you get for this game will be just that band aids. they don't have time to test "legitimate" code changes, and release it to the public. give it up. wait for next year and hope they refocus their energy on gameplay and not the bells and whistles.

i refuse to buy next year's madden. heck might not buy it until 2013.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #22
Rookie

You guys want to know how all of these problems could be solved? If EA would stop turning their noses up at the people they call "glitchers" or "cheezers"....and actually use those peoples knowledge to find and eliminate problems in the game. Alot of tourney guys who use stuff like that only do so because they can and because money is on the line. Not all, but many of them want a more realistic and balanced game too.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #23
Rookie

Cwb917's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deloz
You guys want to know how all of these problems could be solved? If EA would stop turning their noses up at the people they call "glitchers" or "cheezers"....and actually use those peoples knowledge to find and eliminate problems in the game. Alot of tourney guys who use stuff like that only do so because they can and because money is on the line. Not all, but many of them want a more realistic and balanced game too.
Buddy they dont turn their nose up at Cheezers , they cater the game to them. This sure isnt an accurate representation of sim football.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

way too much complaining. look, i hate cheesers as much as the next guy, but at the end of the day, if you have ever played football and understand the concepts, there are other things to do vs. the blitz. try two te's, screens, quick slants from the slots. stop the bitching and learn the game of football, it will help you in your video game playing as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »