Home

EXPANSION TEAM

This is a discussion on EXPANSION TEAM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
EXPANSION TEAM

so since there's no way in franchise mode to do this, however it would be a cool feature .

i guess my question 2 you is how many players or what players do you think would be up for grabs from each team ?

is it
2 qb, 4 wr, 2 dt etc .. or is it each team is allowed to protect x number of [players

this would be much appreciated thanks

also if theres anything im missing on this subject lie me know.

Last edited by R-L-M-G; 09-24-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 12:03 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: EXPANSION TEAM

Don't really understand the question..But you can create a team, and put it into the franchise. Fill it with FA's or do a fantasy draft. You can't start a game unless you have the correct number of starters or back ups I believe.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:08 AM   #3
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdave
Don't really understand the question..But you can create a team, and put it into the franchise. Fill it with FA's or do a fantasy draft. You can't start a game unless you have the correct number of starters or back ups I believe.
What happens to the players of the team you replace? For example, if you replace your created team for the Lions, do Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson go to the free agent bin?
Old 09-25-2009, 12:12 AM   #4
Rookie

jwoodson15's Arena

OVR: 7

I may be wrong but I think you were looking for rules to go by for picking players for an expansion team. Here's the rules the NFL used for the 2002 Texans Expansion Draft.

Each NFL team listed five players that the Texans could select and the Texans were required to claim either 30 players or $27.2 million in contracts.

Existing teams were not allowed to put punters or kickers on the list, nor any player from their 2001 roster who would have become an unrestricted free agent in 2002. They could not list players who went on injured reserve during the 2001 summer's training camp nor any player who would become a restricted free agent after the 2001 season. Their list could include only one player with more than 10 years' experience.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:17 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

If I remember right, haven't made a team sense madden 08, the team you drop, those players become FA's. Don't quote me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 12:38 AM   #6
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

OVR: 7

The team you replace i.e. Detroit Lions will have all of their players dissapear. Therefore, Calvin Johnson Jr., Matthew Stafford, etc. will not be in your franchise.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:24 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

thanks woods that what i was looking for
but really only 5 players from each thats going to be hard to figure what teams would let certan "key " positions go...of the top of my head im guessing the browns would let anderson go with his big contract and quinnn being there man, dont think ill take him big price to pay...

and yes the team i replace there players will go to fa..im thinking the bills or ..sehawks ," (lots of old players )maybe the rams, im also thinking of allowing myself 1 or 2 players from the team that i will replace

this is were it gets complicated i have to release the players i want to fa then take say the bills release and sign the fa that will be on my created team so that the bills and my created team mirror each other

Last edited by R-L-M-G; 09-25-2009 at 01:29 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:33 AM   #8
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan887
The team you replace i.e. Detroit Lions will have all of their players dissapear. Therefore, Calvin Johnson Jr., Matthew Stafford, etc. will not be in your franchise.
I don't like that.

I wish it had a real expansion mode, but 33 teams is lame so I don't know of a good possible solution.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »