Home

Remember when...

This is a discussion on Remember when... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2009, 08:34 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Remember when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul_Duke
You would go to the store, grab a game off the shelf, buy it and take it home and play it until you're thumbs hurt? Remember when the game you waited months to come out was fine just the way it was out of the box?
Yes I do. A few recent ones Fight Night R4 and Madden 10. Actually most games I play right out the box and enjoy them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #42
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Replies like this are nothing more than a waste of space, and so damn immature.

The Op has every right to voice how he feels.

I do remember exactly what your talking about, and it does exist.
Example COD4, uncharted, NHL10,MLB the show, and some others.
Oh yea when Modern warfare 2 releases that awesome feeling will be back again

It is still out there homie, but I know your referring to Madden specifically. It wont be that way till they change engines.

Wow if i can get a dollar for everytime I said that
Agreed. NHL 10 is just one of those games. Ridiculously good right out of the box. I could care less if they never released a patch for the games it's that good. EA NHL has figured it out. Madden while fun constantly seems to have the same issues and doesn't give me that same experience right out of the box.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #43
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

I've forgotten whose sig it was, but it summed up my feelings pretty well. It went something like, "we don't want EA to reinvent the wheel, we just want our old wheel back."
Old 09-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #44
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

HDDs were the best and worst thing to happen to consoles ( I said it before ).. Its different with PCs because any connection can download a patch but with consoles its only highspeed ( can network the 360 using a dialup connection but seriously... ).

Its even worse when the game requiring multiple patches is a game that is released every single a year. I can live with it if a sequel isnt going to be released for another 2 - 3 years but not a sports titles and not when its the same issues year after year after year that have to be patched.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #45
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

Sorry..... couldnt help myself...... this thread title reminded me of a favorite song of mine I havent heard in a while.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y4NTXT96EM

You are right though o p .... it used to definitely be a lot more fun. I havent played a game of Madden 10 yet for fun only..... every game has been a test of some sort of different sliders and constantly trying to get the game to play at a somewhat realistic level.

The only upside is that at least its football...... the downside is....... well....... there are just too many to list.

Last edited by Megatron2k7; 09-25-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 09:52 PM   #46
MVP

There are a lot of good games straight out of the box. In fact, I'd say we are in the golden age of gaming right now. We have companies throwing millions into the production of games. I'm talking outside of sports though. With sports, we still have The Show, FIFA, NHL, and NBA 2K that are great games.

I know it sucks since football is a favorite sport of many, but I think you'll feel better popping in some good games and giving them a whirl. Only recently I started picking up non-sports games and have been very happy to see my enthusiasm for gaming elevated. Madden is a bad game, just let that be, there are tons of great games out there that should bring back that nostalgic feeling you want.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:58 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
I've forgotten whose sig it was, but it summed up my feelings pretty well. It went something like, "we don't want EA to reinvent the wheel, we just want our old wheel back."
Yea I saw that sig. lol
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 09-25-2009, 09:59 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7
Sorry..... couldnt help myself...... this thread title reminded me of a favorite song of mine I havent heard in a while.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y4NTXT96EM
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »