Home

Less Robo QB following Patch1?

This is a discussion on Less Robo QB following Patch1? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Less Robo QB following Patch1?

Anybody else notice that the Robo QB is toned down a bit following the first patch. I have seen fewer wounded ducks and more legit Human sacks since downloading it.

Anybody else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Less Robo QB following Patch1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaturne
Anybody else notice that the Robo QB is toned down a bit following the first patch. I have seen fewer wounded ducks and more legit Human sacks since downloading it.

Anybody else?
not at all for me...Robo-QB is still on the prowl in detroit. hopefully this is fixed in patch 2. there has to be some way to make QB's hold on to the ball for just a bit longer no matter what, especially when they're being rushed from the blind side.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaturne

Anybody else?
yea i did too. i was able to get some more sacks and passes weren't as accurate when the QB got hit. the patch did help a little but the stats in franchise mode are a lot more ridiculous. brees had 8 tds, 600 yards and no picks in the frst game of they year and the saints only had 3 yards russhing. and this was simmed cause it was a CPU team. never saw that before the patch
Old 09-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #4
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Robo QB is a myth. It's an excuse for people who can't play D or who want something to complain about when their oppenent's QB "gets hot".

Plus, if you watch the NFL you will see QB's that get on "hot streaks" game after game. That's the NFL. I guess Jax needs to complain that Kurt Warner was in Super "Robo QB" Mode last week and any team that plays against Drew Brees or Peyton Manning is playing against a "Robo QB", right??At least, Tom Brady "Robo QBednish" has slowed down a bit.

On the flip side, I suppose, Raiders fans want to complain that JaMarcus can't complete a pass (in M10). Well, guess what?? He can't complete one in real life either.

IMO, the QB rating's are the best ever in any football game because they really matter this year. But, people just need to understand that getting "lit up" from time to time is a part of the game. Just Sayin'

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-25-2009, 03:51 PM   #5

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Robo QB is a myth. It's an excuse for people who can't play D or who want something to complain about when their oppenent's QB "gets hot".

Plus, if you watch the NFL you will see QB's that get on "hot streaks" game after game. That's the NFL. I guess Jax needs to complain that Kurt Warner was in Super "Robo QB" Mode last week and any team that plays against Drew Brees or Peyton Manning is playing against a "Robo QB", right??At least, Tom Brady "Robo QBednish" has slowed down a bit.

On the flip side, I suppose, Raiders fans want to complain that JaMarcus can't complete a pass (in M10). Well, guess what?? He can't complete one in real life either.

IMO, the QB rating's are the best ever in any football game because they really matter this year. But, people just need to understand that getting "lit up" from time to time is a part of the game. Just Sayin'
Exactly. Everytime I see a real NFL game and the QB goes 14-15...i think robo qb; of course. Good post
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #6
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

um, I dont think the OP is referring to Robo QB in the same sense as the last few repliers... he seems to be using that term to describe the QB's ability to just release the ball (and throw a duck) as he's getting hit...

that seems to be where the confusion is... he's not talking about Robo qb like we've all come to known it (perfectly accurate passers who always find the open receiver, etc)...

I think we need to come up w/ a new term for the QB's not taking sacks and just releasing the balls in time
Old 09-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
um, I dont think the OP is referring to Robo QB in the same sense as the last few repliers... he seems to be using that term to describe the QB's ability to just release the ball (and throw a duck) as he's getting hit...

that seems to be where the confusion is... he's not talking about Robo qb like we've all come to known it (perfectly accurate passers who always find the open receiver, etc)...

I think we need to come up w/ a new term for the QB's not taking sacks and just releasing the balls in time
How about smart or savy for not getting sacked??
Old 09-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451

Oh Ok, the QB spiking the ball in the ground (before getting sacked) is not a myth, lol.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »