Home

are you willing to speak with your wallet?

This is a discussion on are you willing to speak with your wallet? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How will your impression of Madden 2010 affect your decision to buy 2011
Satisfied with 2010 - WILL buy 2011 64 52.03%
Satisfied with 2010 - WON'T buy 2011 6 4.88%
Unsatisfied with 2010 - WILL buy 2011 4 3.25%
Unsatisfied with 2010 - WON'T buy 2011 49 39.84%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2009, 06:46 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: are you willing to speak with your wallet?

It's too early to tell if I'm going to buy it, I didn't buy 09 but I didn't make that decision until after there was a lot of info about the game released and I saw they didn't do much to improve it. I like 10, but if they don't look like they are doing much to improve the game when info is released then I won't be purchasing. The only problem is they lied about some of the features last year, like being able to edit attributes mid-franchise so I don't know how much of what I hear I will actually believe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
So to those who say you just flat out won't buy it:

Will you not even try it? Rent it? PLay it at a friends, etc...?

Or are you just flat out not going to buy it to prove a point?

Just curious.
I said I wont buy it, as I didnt buy this one, but I'll rent/borrow it to see what I think of it. the copy I play is borrowed from someone who says they wont make the mistake of just buying another madden without playing it.

they need to improve franchise to get me to lay out money for it again. all this online stuff is nice, but I'm an offline single player type, games are my unclench time and weenie cheesers online disrupt that evening pass time
Old 09-25-2009, 07:13 PM   #43
Rookie

I love this years Madden. I will continue to buy Madden. Just like I have for the last 21 years. Good luck resisting the urge next year.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 9

Flat out not buying it next year. I was a complete sucker this year.

There needs to be a drastic improvement with Patch #2 to swing me over. If there are still doubts at the end of the Madden NFL 10 cycle and they try to sugar coat Madden NFL 11, count me out.

Fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #45
Rookie

This is the best one in this generation, but It does not grab me and keep hold of my attention like MLB the Show. It looks like football, but as the soccer and hockey poster put it, "it does not feel organic". So in my opinion they can add all the features in the world and shine it up as much as they want but if they build it on this same engine they are not getting my money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 08:31 PM   #46
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

I think there should be another poll option. Not satisfied with 2010 - will buy used 2011. That's what I'm doing, unless EA makes offline franchise a code unlock only available to those who buy new.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 12

I think people have been voting with their wallet. Their sales have been bad this year and haven't gone up in the last 5 years.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:35 PM   #48
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Madden 09 was my last Madden and will BE my last Madden until they change the entire engine. No matter what they do they will never be able to make that thing function correctly. It's broken beyond repair and these "band-aids" aren't cutting it for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »