Home

Hate to be a downer but wow...

This is a discussion on Hate to be a downer but wow... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2009, 04:04 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 12
re: Hate to be a downer but wow...

wow the mods havent locked this thread yet. they slackin.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:13 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 11

OP, you'll have to gradually bump up the CPU sliders until eventually you just have to accept that a shootout is the only competitive game you can have.

You aren't playing against a smart opponent in the CPU. You're playing against static game elements with each new slider set. Once you figure out how to pass at a 20 passing slider set, you can gain 500 yards a game.

The sliders make the static challenges different, but they don't make the CPU a better player.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:01 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul_Duke
I by no means claim to be a great madden player... at all. I'm average at best. Hell, My Skill was 540 when I stopped using it. I play with the Browns and was having NO PROBLEM winning every game, so I upped the ante and maxed out the sliders. All 20's for player skill and all 5's for CPU. So I started a new 'Chise with the most recent roster update and simmed ahead to where I left off. Week six vs the Steelers. So its me, the Browns 1-4 vs the Steelers 5-0. Going into it, I'm thinking theres no way I should win this game with the sliders that I have and playing against the Steelers. By halftime the score was 17-0, me, the Browns. I played the rest of the game awe and amazment as Big Ben threw for 127 11-29 with 3 INT. Willie Parker had 5... one more time, 5 fumbles. I despise this game. No I'm not done playing, now instead of enjoying the game I have to sift through thousands of slider sets to find the right one. F'n wow.

excuse me but how the heck do you expect to get a challenge when you put cpu sliders at 5

that is like putting handcuffs on the cpu...It does not matter that you put your sliders at 20 skill

sliders work based on the slider and not what you do on the other side of the ball

put the cpu sliders back up and stop handicapping the cpu and then saying this game sucks because you cant lose
Old 09-26-2009, 06:08 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Really? Thats the best your far reaching imagination could come up with? Cool story, bro? You belong right where you are, in front of a computer screen and away from real people.

Quote:
bkrich83 ******** type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2040231402", true);
OVR: 52

******** type="text/javascript">vbmenu_register("gamertagmenu_2040231402", true);
If theres one thing more annoying than a stupid person(cool story, bro) its a complete loser trying to be smart *** over the internet. All I'm looking for is help to improve my $60 investment. I dont play W.O.W. or Final Fantasy. Madden is all I play, so I'd like it be worth while. HAS THE WHOLE WORLD GONE MAD!!!!!

Quote:
Well yuk it up loser.
*sigh* Words cannot describe....
Old 09-26-2009, 07:40 AM   #21
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Wait....All Player Skill sliders at 20 And all CPU Skill Sliders at 5!!!

And your complaint is what exactly? "I briefly forgot how to process proportions and I thought 5 was more than 20?"

You just gave yourself a 15 point advantage in the skill sliders and you can't, for the life of you, figure out why your 1-4 Browns team where whooping up on a 5-0 Steelers team?

Are you kidding me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 08:18 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Wait....All Player Skill sliders at 20 And all CPU Skill Sliders at 5!!!

And your complaint is what exactly? "I briefly forgot how to process proportions and I thought 5 was more than 20?"

You just gave yourself a 15 point advantage in the skill sliders and you can't, for the life of you, figure out why your 1-4 Browns team where whooping up on a 5-0 Steelers team?

Are you kidding me?
Player skill at 20 would make all his skill bars be zero. So you're technically incorrect.

Also, for the OP, Willie parker fumbled 5 times because you put fumbles at 5. You need to raise some key CPU slider bars and try again.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:47 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Really? Thats the best your far reaching imagination could come up with? Cool story, bro? You belong right where you are, in front of a computer screen and away from real people.
Lmao says the guy behind a computer screen. Oh waits its ok cuz your cool right? *******

Quote:
bkrich83******** type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2040231402", true);
OVR: 52

******** type=text/javascript>vbmenu_register("gamertagmenu_2040231402", true);
If theres one thing more annoying than a stupid person(cool story, bro) its a complete loser trying to be smart *** over the internet. All I'm looking for is help to improve my $60 investment. I dont play W.O.W. or Final Fantasy. Madden is all I play, so I'd like it be worth while. HAS THE WHOLE WORLD GONE MAD!!!!!
No it seems you have. Your just annoying so why should we help you? Look at the way you respond. Oh and telling the guy to get a life because he posts a lot? Well maybe if you had a job you would understand MOST of the regular posts post while they have down time at work. Meaning i have a life this is somethin to pass the time.

Quote:
They ignored me? Their even spineless over the internet???

Would someone who is in charge around here please weed out the people who dont want to help other people!
It was the guy who posted who ignored you not the other guys you internet tough guy. For the record when they do come to weed out people, its going to be you getting infractions and possibly . Then im sure you going to go on a rant saying i dont need your stupid site anyway blah blah blah.

Quote:
Well yuk it up loser.
You dont have the maturity to last at this site. Not to mention based on your sliders you suck at madden. Loser
Old 09-26-2009, 11:29 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 26

does this deserve a facepalm?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »