Home

chain gang just cost me a win

This is a discussion on chain gang just cost me a win within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2009, 02:10 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: chain gang just cost me a win

I lost a game last week because of it.... I was down by 2 points with 22 secs left in the game. I decided to fair catch the kick return because I couldn't afford to waste any valuable time trying to return a kick return for a td so I started off at the 20 and I also had two timeouts. I managed to get in fg range with exactly 5 secs left in the game with one timeout left...chris johnson gets tackled clocks continues to run 5-4-3-2-1. I hit the timeout button like crazy(about 7-8times) but it wouldn't let me call it! I ended up loosing the game because of it. As soon as the game ended my opponent messaged me "lol", he saw that I was jipped out the win. Now I just pause the game to call timeouts online because i've noticed that my 360 controller is unresponsive at times or maybe its lag or a glitch...idk....
Old 09-27-2009, 03:14 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mems1224
uh oh. someone call the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance!!!

We dont need ppl like you in these forums

to answer your question it sounds like it took you time out after your play was over and then for some odd reason time started again after the chain gang. the game must a registered you used your last time out or it thought you were taking two timeouts in a row which you cant do IDK strange
Old 09-27-2009, 03:28 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have noticed this too. The only solution I can say is to press pause and then select time out. It's rather ridiculous that you can't call a timeout immediately after, but it's as if the game has to remember that it's back in the game and no longer in a cutscene. Again, it's ridiculous, but I don't know how else to solve it. I doubt this will get looked at in a patch. Even if it does, that won't be seen for at least 30 days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 04:13 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 13

this is an issue that needs to be addressed, as it's happened to me several times. when the chain game comes out, one second will wind from the clock after their decision. it doesn't matter what they decide, or if you're jamming the time out button. one second will wind regardless. this should be fixed.

also- one should be able to skip/disable the chain gang animation next year
Old 09-27-2009, 10:19 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

maybe u didnt have timeouts
Old 09-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyy26Bosox7
maybe u didnt have timeouts
Nah I'm positive I had 1 timeout remaining and my opponent knew I did to

Hey if this can be fixed in the future because of what happened to me and others ....Then my loss won't be sooooo bad afterall

Bottom Line !! ...I'm still enjoying this Madden better than any previous Madden and I realize issues like this can happen from time to time....It's only a video game !! and that was still one great game I was involved in last night

Win or Lose !! give me a good SIM game and I'm happy : )
Old 09-28-2009, 04:33 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddcatt
I was already getting sick of the chain gang coming out everytime u get within a yard of the 1st down marker, but now that stupid animation just cost me a win and I'm not happy : (

15 seconds left ....down by 1 on my opponents 27 yrd line and it's 3rd and 5

clock is running and I'm saving my last timeout for the game winning FG

I run middle to position myself better for the game winning FG

Wound up going 5 yards and was calling timeout with 3 seconds left, but here comes the stupid chain gang in a meaningless 1st down situation.....Soooo I wait until they say 1st Down !! hoping the clock would stop since I called timeout right after the play was over, but of course it's still running, Sooo I pressed the timeout / select button 3 or 4 more times quickly as the last 3 seconds just ticked away, but it did not allow me to take a timeout.......talk about FRUSTRATING !! I don't mind losing, but to lose a game this way really stinks : (

By the way my timeout button worked fine the whole game....soooo I know it was not a bad controller issue
I like how ppl are taking up for this broken game. its ridiculous, and they are the reason EA is gonna keep selling us broken games. Anyway i know what u mean. i wanted to call TO b4 the half, and it went to that stupid chain gang animation that u cant skip unlike last gen maddens. So after 5 minutes becuz of the game locking up to load the animation as always. I try to call TO with 5 secs left and it doesnt call it for me and we go into the half. im like thats BS! I pressed timeout constantly. So Dont listen to the ignorant ppl in this thread. it needs to be fixed!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »