Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #193
Ready to chase #12
 
countryboy's Arena
 
OVR: 62
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Greenville, IN
Posts: 46,882
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Some ratings matter:

Speed
Pass Med
Pass Short
Pass Deep
Trucking (or what ever controls Brandon Jacobs)

That's about it.
Man Coverage
Zone Coverage
Play Recognition
Route Running
Strength
Elusiveness
Trucking
Tackle
Catching
Power Move
Finesse move
Stamina
Injury

are others.
__________________
I can't shave with my eyes closed. Meaning each day, I have to look at myself in the mirror and respect who I see.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 10-01-2009 at 06:41 PM.
countryboy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #194
Banned
 
sois's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Nov 2007
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Man Coverage
Zone Coverage
Play Recognition
Route Running
Strength
Elusiveness
Trucking
Tackle
Catching
Power Move
Finesse move
Stamina
Injury

are others.
? Have you missed all of the lineman videos where kickers are taking on all pro DL?

Route Running? What about the thread showing how you can put any CB in and he will succeed and run routes as good as Ochocinco?

Come on man, you are not even looking at the game objectively. Your signature is pretty ironic considering how you refuse to acknowledge hard evidence that oppose your claims. You must play Madden with your eyes closed.

Last edited by sois; 10-01-2009 at 06:50 PM.
sois is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:50 PM   #195
Banned
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jun 2009
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
What does 2k5 have anything to do with the ratings mattering in Madden? I don't care about 2k5. I don't play it. Don't lump us all into that group.

I just want Madden to be better. That starts with the ratings. If ratings don't matter, franchise is broken. If ratings don't work, you can't use strategy to exploit weaknesses. There are no tendencies.

I am here to discuss possible solutions to make the game better. The number one thing wrong with this game is OL vs DL. That starts with the ratings. They have to matter. Size, strength, speed and acceleration have to be emulated properly.

You shouldn't be able to replace the Steelers OL with WR's and kickers and have a successful season. Yeah, maybe for one play or two, Gramatica will be able to trip Peppers, but the results should reflect what would really happen if a kicker lined up vs a DE.
You don't play it, but too many in here 2k5 was realistic. Everyone in here who has played 2k5 would probably say that ratings mattered in 2k5 because they did. So how can these people say that kickers and punters being able to block dlineman for a bit is proof that the ratings don't matter in madden 10 ?

Also, I haven't seen any video proof of this in madden 10. The only video I've seen with punter/kickers on the online was of 2k5. Have you ran a franchise and put kickers on the oline ?
Dmacho is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 06:53 PM   #196
Banned
 
sois's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Nov 2007
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
Also, I haven't seen any video proof of this in madden 10. The only video I've seen with punter/kickers on the online was of 2k5. Have you ran a franchise and put kickers on the oline ?
Look at my sig for proof.

Let's just forget about 2k. Let's try to make Madden better. I don't care about 2k5. Madden at least has potential, 2k5 is dead.
sois is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:11 PM   #197
Ready to chase #12
 
countryboy's Arena
 
OVR: 62
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Greenville, IN
Posts: 46,882
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
? Have you missed all of the lineman videos where kickers are taking on all pro DL?

Route Running? What about the thread showing how you can put any CB in and he will succeed and run routes as good as Ochocinco?

Come on man, you are not even looking at the game objectively. Your signature is pretty ironic considering how you refuse to acknowledge hard evidence that oppose your claims. You must play Madden with your eyes closed.
No I haven't watched those videos nor do I intend to. I don't go around looking for every and anything that will put this game in a negative light. Who in the hell even thinks of putting a kicker at OL position? I don't, so for me its a non-issue.
As for route running? CB's run routes as good as WR? Ok maybe they do, but is it truly that far fetched? Has anyone seen how these CB's run option routes meaning they read the coverage right and run the appropriate route? I can tell you from my playing time that Darrius Heyward Bey runs option routes incorrectly more often than Javon Walker.

And I'm not refusing to acknowledge any "hard" evidence. What I'm refusing to do is go and try and find things to complain about or things that may dampen my enjoyment of the game.

As for strength...how else do you explain a RB like Michael Bush being able to drag defenders whereas Darren McFadden and Justin Fargas can't? Or that I can bullrush some Guards with Seymour and push them back whereas I can't with others?

And my signature being ironic? LOL...ok. All I can tell you is this. All I can do is comment on what I'm seeing when I'm playing the game. I am posting my opinions/impressions off my experience of what I see, not what someone is intending to show me. So..my eyes are pretty wide open while I'm playing this game.
__________________
I can't shave with my eyes closed. Meaning each day, I have to look at myself in the mirror and respect who I see.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 10-01-2009 at 07:17 PM.
countryboy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #198
Banned
 
sois's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Nov 2007
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
No I haven't watched those videos nor do I intend to.
This is really all anybody needs to know about your opinions on this forum.

Why are you here? If you love the game, what are you doing here? If EA fixes the things us "whiners" are complaining about, you are still going to love the game, so what's the deal? What is your MO?

I'm sorry I can't go back in time and unlearn the dumbness of this game. For example, I wish I never knew about DB's knowing your routes and breaking on them before the receivers do. Now that is another thing I don't like about the game. We live in the information era. This isn't the 50's.

I just want Madden to express football. I don't want to play Maddenball, I want to play football. I want to give this company my $$$ and I'm trying to help them figure out how to do this.

Last edited by sois; 10-01-2009 at 07:18 PM.
sois is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #199
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Oct 2002
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
You don't play it, but too many in here 2k5 was realistic. Everyone in here who has played 2k5 would probably say that ratings mattered in 2k5 because they did. So how can these people say that kickers and punters being able to block dlineman for a bit is proof that the ratings don't matter in madden 10 ?

Also, I haven't seen any video proof of this in madden 10. The only video I've seen with punter/kickers on the online was of 2k5. Have you ran a franchise and put kickers on the oline ?

Look at what started this thread my man..
__________________
-- Jeff White

www.timeRAZOR.com
jwhite1347 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #200
Banned
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jun 2009
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Look at my sig for proof.

Let's just forget about 2k. Let's try to make Madden better. I don't care about 2k5. Madden at least has potential, 2k5 is dead.
I've already forgotten about 2k. I never really played 2k5, I was more of a 2k8 guy but that game is old and I just can't get into games that are two years old. I just mentioned 2k5 because the same thing was shown and if you said that ratings didn't matter in 2k5 in this forum, well let's just say it be a good idea to put your helmet on.

The video in your sig proves nothing. I've seen that before ; he never showed the ratings of any of the players on the oline or dline. For all we no, he edited the ratings of the WRs, punter, and defensive line. All you would have to do is lower the Dline ratings and raise the players ratings that are on the oline.

The point he made about Brady not throwing to moss was stupid. The CPU threw to the olineman because no one was covering him. He was running down the sidline by himself. This guy has cleary manipulated the ratings in the game to suit his own personal agenda. Everyone is assuming that the WRs' and punter's strength and pass blocking rating aren't possibily high enough protect the QB ; you can't make that assumption, it's possible to edit the ratings.

He's probably do this to get as much suscribers on youtube as possible and make partner.
Dmacho is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:28 PM.

Top -