Home

Ratings and The Easter Bunny

This is a discussion on Ratings and The Easter Bunny within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #289
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

there is no question that ratings are pretty meaningless for most positions and for the line play they are flat out not taken into consideration at all. It pisses me off

It astounds me how they can F this crap up every damn year. it shoudl be pretty simple to program a bloody game to be mainly based by ratings yet the madden team seems to not understand this simple concept.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #290
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Ian, where are you brother? Hook us up with some formulas. You've free testing here my man! Operators are standing by...
Old 10-03-2009, 06:43 PM   #291
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Wait, color me confused.

Admittedly I've only read the first post of this thread and watched the video with a similar complaint in a different post, and correct me if I'm wrong in any details of that, but here's what I've gathered (referring to the video):
  • player puts in a bunch of scrubs and kickers at offensive line for AI team
  • player assembles all-star defensive line
  • player then raises difficulty to All-Madden
  • player jacks up the CPU sliders heavily to the CPU's favor
  • player can't get pass rush against scrubs, declares game broken

This to me seems like a product of the sliders than anything else; they are heavily jacked in the CPU's favor, and they actually work this year (try lowering QB accuracy to zero, for example; you'll make real-life Jamarcus Russell look like HoF quality on that setting). I also personally just finished a game, Eagles at Redskins on default All-Pro difficulty and sliders, where I sacked Jason Campbell nine times, with Broderick Bunkley and Juqua Parker, both good players, getting the bulk of the sacks against Stephon Heyer and Chad Rinehart, both not-so-good players. Moreover, to the ratings argument, I largely kept the Redskins' receiving corps, which was missing Antwan Randle-El, in check by playing mainly straight 2-Man coverage (Eagles have three very good corners in Samuel, Brown, and Hobbs).

Bottom line, there isn't a pass-rush problem, or ratings problem, so far as I can tell. I'm sorry that not getting a pass rush on a difficulty setting so heavily jacked into the CPU's favor has ruined the game for you.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 10-03-2009 at 06:45 PM. Reason: mixed up two posts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #292
Rookie

OVR: 6
he is making jokes on his twitter account about all of us and the anger that we have towards the game. isnt that nice?
Old 10-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #293
Banned

sois's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Wait, color me confused.

Admittedly I've only read the first post of this thread and watched the video with a similar complaint in a different post, and correct me if I'm wrong in any details of that, but here's what I've gathered (referring to the video):
  • player puts in a bunch of scrubs and kickers at offensive line for AI team
  • player assembles all-star defensive line
  • player then raises difficulty to All-Madden
  • player jacks up the CPU sliders heavily to the CPU's favor
  • player can't get pass rush against scrubs, declares game broken

This to me seems like a product of the sliders than anything else; they are heavily jacked in the CPU's favor, and they actually work this year (try lowering QB accuracy to zero, for example; you'll make real-life Jamarcus Russell look like HoF quality on that setting). I also personally just finished a game, Eagles at Redskins on default All-Pro difficulty and sliders, where I sacked Jason Campbell nine times, with Broderick Bunkley and Juqua Parker, both good players, getting the bulk of the sacks against Stephon Heyer and Chad Rinehart, both not-so-good players. Moreover, to the ratings argument, I largely kept the Redskins' receiving corps, which was missing Antwan Randle-El, in check by playing mainly straight 2-Man coverage (Eagles have three very good corners in Samuel, Brown, and Hobbs).

Bottom line, there isn't a pass-rush problem, or ratings problem, so far as I can tell. I'm sorry that not getting a pass rush on a difficulty setting so heavily jacked into the CPU's favor has ruined the game for you.
I've never played on All Madden or messed with the sliders at all and this has happened to me. It's not simply a product of the sliders. Try it yourself before you decide it's not a problem.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:09 PM   #294
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
I've never played on All Madden or messed with the sliders at all and this has happened to me. It's not simply a product of the sliders. Try it yourself before you decide it's not a problem.
Maybe you haven't personally, but the video in your signature is the video I was referring to. I guess you aren't the author of that, then.

That said, I have no reason to put kickers and receivers on the offensive line, and having logged plenty of time with this game I'm having no problems getting pressure as-is (or with ratings working as expected in general), so I will politely decline to go down that road and continue on enjoying the game.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:17 PM   #295
Banned

sois's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Maybe you haven't personally, but the video in your signature is the video I was referring to. I guess you aren't the author of that, then.

That said, I have no reason to put kickers and receivers on the offensive line, and having logged plenty of time with this game I'm having no problems getting pressure as-is (or with ratings working as expected in general), so I will politely decline to go down that road and continue on enjoying the game.
Well, there are times when the CPU decides to put P and K on your OL randomly. It's a glitch but the glitch reveals that ratings don't matter.

I didn't intentionally go down this road, but when the issue kept happening and HB, K and P held up just as well as the linemen they were replacing, I knew something was wrong.

The vid in my sig is just visual proof of this concept.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 07:31 PM   #296
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Well, there are times when the CPU decides to put P and K on your OL randomly. It's a glitch but the glitch reveals that ratings don't matter.

I didn't intentionally go down this road, but when the issue kept happening and HB, K and P held up just as well as the linemen they were replacing, I knew something was wrong.

The vid in my sig is just visual proof of this concept.
You mentioned earlier you didn't use sliders. I use sliders and I don't see the CPU substitute in any of those positions. It's all about the sub in/sub out sliders and fatigue sliders for offline players.

I respect the fact that it happens when you don't use sliders, but it can be fixed with the right combination of sliders as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »