Home

Ratings and The Easter Bunny

This is a discussion on Ratings and The Easter Bunny within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #353
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane

By the way, I still think this is an improvement over previous Maddens. I just think there are still glaring flaws that need to be corrected. Improvement doesn't mean I should still settle for less. And I understand Ian's intention wasn't to make the perfect game in one year. That would be unreasonable. Still, there are things in this game that do not work as advertised. I would like to see them addressed before I invest again in Madden.
As Roadman said...very well put DC. [in it's entirety]

But I want to focus on this last paragraph. I see things pretty much as you do. I believe this years team did what they could. I think somethings were ohh...embellished a bit, but overall M10 is at least an improvement. From what I've heard. [didn't buy it]

However...yeah, there are some pretty glaring issues that remain, that can really spoil the game for many. And like you, I really need to have these "issues" cleared up before I invest any further in this gen of Madden.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:50 PM   #354
MVP

OVR: 18

I would love to hear a little bit of insight from one of the devs as to how the offensive line ratings are used and effect gameplay. Something so critical to recreating real football shouldn't be as seemingly unimportant as it seems to be.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:05 AM   #355
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

I wish this thread would get back on topic and we could get some more data on the difference between 99 OL and 12 OL. I'm sorry I don't have the time right now to do that though.

If we could get a Dev answer that would be even better though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 07:46 AM   #356
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
I wish this thread would get back on topic and we could get some more data on the difference between 99 OL and 12 OL. I'm sorry I don't have the time right now to do that though.

If we could get a Dev answer that would be even better though.
In FIFA, ratings matter. Now while it's not impossible to take a
Toronto FC squad and beat a Manchester United or Juventus,
more often than not, you will be on the wrong end of the score.
It'd be interesting to see what the FIFA devs could do with Madden.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #357
Rookie

OVR: 3

Interesting thread. Before we all jump on Ian it was stated that O-Line play was going to be a major focus for patch #2. This problem may have been identified during testing, and just not able to be fixed in time for the game going gold. While I see some interesting ideas on dynamic ratings or ratings specific to positions I don't think any of that will make it in to patch #2. However we should keep this thread alive for M11.

I have faith in Ian & Co just based on the leap this game (in my mind) made from '09 to '10. Its like a new coach for a bad team. You give him a few years to get it right. I think we owe it to ourselves, being hardcore Madden fans, and to Ian to give him a shot. This isn't to say that we can't be very tough on him, but have a little faith!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #358
Rookie

OVR: 4

Has anyone seen answers on other boards to any of this?

www.timeRAZOR.com
Old 10-08-2009, 07:28 PM   #359
Rookie

OVR: 3

EA will fix this next year for sure!!!

Instead of fixing gameplay, my guess is that they will prevent people from editing ratings in the Roster file and changing player positions so a test like this cannot happen again.

This will be sad new low in football gaming if this happens...
Old 10-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #360
Rookie

OVR: 4

No I have faith -- This year its gonne get better!

www.timeRAZOR.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »