Home

Does patch(es really make this game any better?

This is a discussion on Does patch(es really make this game any better? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Does patch(es really make this game any better?

I don't have online access, so have yet to get a single roster update OR a patch. I can handle not getting a roster update, considering Favre would retire after season 1 anyway, and after a couple seasons its not a big deal.

But I'm curious about the patch, or patches... How many have there been so far, and have they actually helped? My main gripes are the only WR routes that seem to work are slants, and outs, and RBs in the flat ALL day. My second gripe is the pursuit angles are pathetic! Holding on FGs(better be fixed!), and a way to turn off the chain gang!(Is there??).

If anyone could plz respond back, just curious if I should go through the trouble of getting these patches somehow, or just continue to play as is, cuz the patches didn't really make the game THAT much better to play. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Does patch(es really make this game any better?

I really didnt notice anything but the extra tag of 7:00min online ranked games and some overpriced afl jerseys.

You did pay for online roster updates. Do you know why? Thats all Madden really is from year to year, a roster update.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Seriously? That's awful if this is the case... I'll wait to see if other respond, but if what ur saying is true I won't worry about it.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

yes to most of your problems,the patch did good for the game even in the flats arent money . if u messed with your sliders youll have to readjust especially penaties
Old 09-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

i think it made it worse

the running game is no way too easy

the lineman seem to suction to the LB's. It's almost impossible to control a LB and make a clean tackle on a HB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #6
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
yes to most of your problems,the patch did good for the game even in the flats arent money . if u messed with your sliders youll have to readjust especially penaties

Alright, cool... that sounds much better! I'm gonna try to figure out a way to do it eventually and see what happens I guess. Really hate to mess with sliders and penalties again tho

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »