Home

Custom Plays/Playsbooks

This is a discussion on Custom Plays/Playsbooks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Custom Plays/Playsbooks

Hey guys, I have been lurking for a while, but I finally have something to post about. I did some searching, but didn't know how to phrase what I am looking for, so reprimand me if this topic has already been addressed.

Basically I have been playing franchise mode since the game came out and have had a really fun time building a perennial Super Bowl contender from my less than spectacular Jaguars. As another challange I thought it might be fun to build a playbook and another team around the created playbook. I was thinking of making a Wing-T playbook, but I haven't seen the "create a playbook" feature that use to be in Madden. I think last year you had to get "Head Coach," is that true with this year aswell and how dynamic is the play creator in that game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Custom Plays/Playsbooks

Anyone?
Old 09-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

As far as I know there is no way to make a custom playbook. That is what I have been told but I could be wrong.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:22 PM   #4
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rws591
Anyone?
I haven't played madden since 2003... I just picked up a used copy (Madden 10)yesterday... to answer your question I don't believe there is and option for creating your own plays much less your own playbook... but, the one thing I did discover this morning is you can use alternative NFL team playbooks (even westcoast)type schemes.... likewise for the defensive playbooks...

which brings me to a huge beef... It would appear that the average play book consist of roughly 150 plays.... may be its just me but I seem to be going back to the same plays over and over.... I can't pass jugdement based on 1 day of use.....

Old 09-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

It also depends on which system you have. If you have a PS3 and a psp, from what I heard from the dev. team you can create plays on the psp and move them onto the ps3 and play them there...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
Rookie

I have the 360, and have noticed you can use other team's playbooks, but I would like to create my own Wing-T playbook. I checked out some other team's playbooks and I liked one of the Patriots formations, unfortunatly there were only 3 types of runs for that formation(dive, toss, power-o).

It is a shame they got rid of one of the more fun aspects of madden, at least for me. It also really bothers me that there is no way to use custom teams online, even when playing with a friend or if you have the other player's consent.

And to being able to create plays on the PSP and use them on the PS3, well that is just ridiculous. If you can create plays on the PSP version, there is no way that they couldn't squeeze in "Create-a-Play" for the full system versions of the game.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

This is one of my BIG complaints with next-gen maddens ... I really miss the days of being able to create my own CUSTOM PLAYBOOK!!!

I don't necessarily need the ability to create a play, but at least let me choose what specific formations and plays are in my playbook. That really adds to the feel of a controlled team being MY team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »